Author Topic: Unable to register  (Read 30628 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Unable to register
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2005, 05:21:07 PM »
I know why registration didn't worked. James Bond (007) didn't allowed it ;D ;D ;D

XtremeKirby

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2005, 06:01:15 PM »
Happy New Years Everyone!!!  ;D

It should be fixed and you should receive a valid key
Well, I read in this topic that registration was giving everyone headaches.  I think the problem is fixed now!  ;) Tried it myself and the new key worked!  :D

huntsman

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2005, 06:45:51 PM »
The bad Key log code caused a 2nd problem.
Error message said... License has expired
& the the program terminated.
It made no difference to un-install & re-install.

Avast would NOT run in Demo mode.  

A situation I did not enjoy with the customer sitting watching as I had spent several hours attempting to get Avast Home Edition to install & run.
I could not leave the installation without AntiVirus protection, so at 2:45am Australian time, Sunday morning I gave up, installed AVG & left.   :-[

Kitty L

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2005, 09:09:12 PM »
Hurrah  :) Looks like 007 was causing the problem

Now it's having a scan of my hard drive and will most likely tell me I have a virus (didn't set up my firewall before a bit of much missed surfin  ::))

Hopefully it will be as good as I have been told and not take quite as long as another anti virus product starting with the same letter  ;)

Thanks for the help in sorting this out, especially on New Years Day  ;D

new to avast

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2005, 02:15:41 AM »
Off I can't register. I have deleted Norton for Avast. It's a great surprise for me. I can't register, I haven't got a anti virus program. :(

When can I register? I can't select demo mode. Please don't say select demo.
I noticed a similar problem. However, I did install (XP) and register avast for the first time two days ago (31 Dec 2004) which worked just fine. Today (2 Jan 2005) I tried to install it (fresh download) on my kids computer (also XP), which resulted in that it got a screen about buying the professional version (and the resident part didn't start after the reboot that finalized the installation, i.e. it wasn't running in Demo mode). However, hidden under this window I found the license/demo box. So I think the demo mode has stopped working. But I had no problem after I entered the license key (the one obtained 31 Dec).

DamienMcBain

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2005, 08:56:13 AM »
Up & running here too  :)

Changing the 0007 wasn't enough, I had to re-register. Let's see how it goes.

Although I was shitty when I d/l this proggy recommended to me then the key didn't work, I gotta say the fix was quick and the forum works.

cheers y'all,

Damo

Precious

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2005, 06:34:55 PM »
Thats all very well and I am glad for you but my poor little computer went into standby mode on Sunday and will not move out of it.  I cannot do anything with it because I cannot see the screen.  I am heartbroken and unfortunately my mother bought it for me from TINY computers who are happy to charge £1 a minute for customer support.  Any ideas will be more than gratefully received.  I am using my firms computer right now.   :'(

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2005, 06:39:00 PM »
Precious,

please start another thread in the off-topic forum.
You're problem has nothing to do with Avast or this thread.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 06:39:20 PM by Eddy »

Fourthdog

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2005, 10:10:24 PM »
Hi everybody,

I made my registration again, and it worked.
Now I got my Avast working.

I just wanted to end what I began, it's not nice writing only for bad news... it's much more with good ones.

Precious

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »
I'm sorry Eddy

I beg to differ, for all I know avast software may have caused my problem, its strange how this has happened since the download.  However, if someone can confirm to me that this could not be the case then I shall certainly take my problem elsewhere  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2005, 01:16:28 PM »
Thats all very well and I am glad for you but my poor little computer went into standby mode on Sunday and will not move out of it.  I cannot do anything with it because I cannot see the screen.

Well, it does not seem an avast problem at first time...
Can you check the power cables?
Can you boot into Safe Mode (press F8 continuosly after the boot)?
Did you visit Windows Update site and change your video/monitor drivers recently?
The best things in life are free.