Author Topic: Some of my stock apps' icons (e.g. MAPServiceSamsung) changed to a green robot  (Read 3481 times)

mccoy7479

hi, pardon me for such a simple issue it may seem. i'm quite new to using a smartphone and just recently gotten one. i installed avast after reading the reviews on it and ran the virus scan among others.  after doing so, i installed a local app from my carrier.  that's when i noticed that the icon was a green robot with a white cube in the middle. this goes the same for some of the service icons such as MAPServiceSamsung and Google Services.  i uninstalled avast after a few minutes and it still shows the same icons.  Is this part of the protection Avast is offering?

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hello,

the change in icons is not due to the installation of our application. There might be other reasons for this.

Werner

SafeSurf

Your phone provider may have done an upgrade and this may have caused the change.  Sometimes you need to manually upgrade your un-rooted phone, and other times the provider does it silently.

mccoy7479

Thank you both! I'll reinstall avast again.

SafeSurf

You're welcome.  :)  Keep in mind that some phone providers only let you update the phone every 24 hours.  Let us know how things work out.