Author Topic: Program update 7.0.1451  (Read 269254 times)

Offline hectic-mmv

Re: Program update 7.0.1451
« Reply #255 on: July 02, 2012, 12:25:11 PM »
I did a fresh custom install and everything seems to be working except for one problem. There is no "Additional Protection" bar in the GUI.

During my custom install, I unchecked three shields I don't need (Email, P2P, and IM) and unchecked the second column that contains the Web Rep and Remote Assistance entries.

Hi, please could you send  file c:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\Setup\Components.ini to vanek@avast.com

thanks a lot,

bobo1

« Reply #256 on: July 02, 2012, 12:55:09 PM »
Now had BSOD ON MY LAPTOP DRIVER NOT LESS THEN EQUAL STOP 0X0000000A. on boot and repeating all the time. removed in safe mode. Recoverd Tried new install from scratch working again but sounds on updating still twice? Hopefully next update will be good &  see how this new update is. May roll back avast later
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:05:05 PM by bobo1 »

Petrak

« Reply #257 on: July 02, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »
Free Avast 1451 (XP Pro 32) with Sandbox on I have *** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x65830845, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x8052D781)

sandbox off - no problems
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:18:17 PM by Petrak »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #258 on: July 02, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »
As asked above - could you upload the latest minidump from C:\Windows\Minidump to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming ?
Thanks.

fragman

« Reply #259 on: July 02, 2012, 02:23:31 PM »
@ hectic-mmv

File emailed. Good luck.

REDACTED

« Reply #260 on: July 02, 2012, 02:49:26 PM »
I am using avast! 1.7.0 Professional Edition on a Windows 7 SP1 x64 environment. Up until three days ago, I have had no problems and avast! was working perfectly. Then, on June 29th on the U.S. side of the dateline, avast! requested an update to program version 1.7.0.1451. Immediately after that update was completed, my web browser could not connect to my provider, and my E-mail client could no longer connect to its mail server.  The problem was caused by a conflict with Online Armor Premium Edition, Version 5.5.0 (a product that, by the way, co-existed with avast! before the update to version 1.7.0.1451).  The fix is to go into Online Armor's "Options" menu, then click on the "Exclusions" tab and add the avast! program folder.  This inhibits Online Armor from bumping into avast!, and so avoids the conflict.  You may want to publish this warning in case someone else using the same software combination suffers the same problem.

Now, I've discovered another problem that occurred after one of the automatic updates.  I found that my web browser (Mozilla Firefox Version 13.1) hung as soon as it engaged a Java script. Ironically, the problem isn't with the Script shield, but with the Behavioral shield (I proved it by getting the browser to work correctly with the shield off and scripts enabled, and with the shield on and scripts disabled. However, it won't work with both scripts and Behavioral shield enabled). Thus, I've now had to turn off the Behavioral Shield and reduce some of avast!'s protection.  I opened a ticket for both problems a couple of days ago but have received no real help.  Considering that I paid for the Professional Edition of avast!, I am very disappointed.....
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:02:19 PM by ts1sds »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #261 on: July 02, 2012, 03:10:03 PM »
ts1sds,
Welcome to the forum.
I've alerted the Mods to you post and request for help.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline =SKY=

• Super Poster
Re: Program update 7.0.1451 ODD SOUND ISSUE WHEN VIRUS UPDATING?
« Reply #262 on: July 02, 2012, 03:31:38 PM »
When virus database is updated Green popup shows and the sound repeats twice! (AVAST VIRUS DATABASE HAS BEEN UPDATED).

+1 for Windows 2000 SP4 UR1!

Greetz
~SKY~
Win11 Home [x64] 23H2 @ Windows Defender | FF ESR |
My oldest darling: W2k Pro SP4 & UR1 @ avast! Free Antivirus 8.0.1497 | Palemoon & K-Meleon [BOTH MODIFIED for W2k] |

asccamargo

« Reply #263 on: July 02, 2012, 03:46:42 PM »
I had a problem with this version on my PC. A tryed install two times. When that  version was install and the win7 system up, the video turn off.
My PC configuration is: AMD Phenom II x 4 840, 4GB memory, OS:64bits

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #264 on: July 02, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »
Vlk has said that the Script Shield can be updated with a virus database to update it with browsers. Why not do it fro Chrome then?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

oldnerd

« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2012, 04:55:41 PM »
Everything seemed fine until an auto update Jun30 when outgoing email stopped.  After considerable digging, I found out that disabling the outgoing email scan enabled email to go out.  Am using Win 7 Pro, Thunderbird 13.0.1 with standard port settings (no SSL), AVAST free.  The ISP informed me Jul 1 that three other AVAST FREE customers had the same problem occur after the Saturday night's change, whatever it was.  I tried using Win Live email instead of Thunderbird, same blockage.  Finagling the ports in Thunderbird did nothing to improve the situation. 

bobo1

Re: Program update 7.0.1451. Commit charge increasing under windows xp sp3
« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2012, 05:03:07 PM »
Hi,
Also compared new version against previous version on my laptop WINDOWS XP SP3. Swapfile commit charge increasing in new version. On previous version Avast consumes less resourses and the laptop is much faster running. Gone back to previous version for now was happy with that. Don't know if it is a problem with other operating systems newer than xp? Or is avast heading to be better on windows 7 onwards as my laptop is very old spec and still very reliable.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:07:50 PM by bobo1 »

Grammadi52

« Reply #267 on: July 02, 2012, 05:04:35 PM »
I am using avast! 1.7.0 Professional Edition on a Windows 7 SP1 x64 environment. Up until three days ago, I have had no problems and avast! was working perfectly. Then, on June 29th on the U.S. side of the dateline, avast! requested an update to program version 1.7.0.1451. Immediately after that update was completed, my web browser could not connect to my provider, and my E-mail client could no longer connect to its mail server.  The problem was caused by a conflict with Online Armor Premium Edition, Version 5.5.0 (a product that, by the way, co-existed with avast! before the update to version 1.7.0.1451).  The fix is to go into Online Armor's "Options" menu, then click on the "Exclusions" tab and add the avast! program folder.  This inhibits Online Armor from bumping into avast!, and so avoids the conflict.  You may want to publish this warning in case someone else using the same software combination suffers the same problem.

Now, I've discovered another problem that occurred after one of the automatic updates.  I found that my web browser (Mozilla Firefox Version 13.1) hung as soon as it engaged a Java script. Ironically, the problem isn't with the Script shield, but with the Behavioral shield (I proved it by getting the browser to work correctly with the shield off and scripts enabled, and with the shield on and scripts disabled. However, it won't work with both scripts and Behavioral shield enabled). Thus, I've now had to turn off the Behavioral Shield and reduce some of avast!'s protection.  I opened a ticket for both problems a couple of days ago but have received no real help.  Considering that I paid for the Professional Edition of avast!, I am very disappointed.....

I had the exact same problem today. I installed the new version through the Avast Internet Security program and it blocked the internet AND messed up the Avast program. It says it was not started, tried to start it, would not start at all. Could not repair or change as no internet connection. Kept popping up in Safe Browser and wanted me to use Google Chrome. I do NOT use Google Chrome as I use Firefox and will not change. Upset with everything I just uninstalled it all and now am using Microsoft Essentials and my Firewall. I am on Windows XP Home Edition. Why do they constantly have to force us to use other things on OUR computers? I paid their fee for the service so should be MY decision on what browser I use...and it is! So goodbye Avast...it was a good run while it lasted.

Nesivos

« Reply #268 on: July 02, 2012, 05:50:20 PM »
I didn't see a "Suggestions" Sticky under this main thread so I thought I would drop one in here.

I just got a pop-up to see my "Security Report" for the last 30 days.  That is cool.  However, when I click on the pop-up and it takes me to a webpage with the information there is no link to show what the "Infections" or "Blocked" items were.   I would like to see what they were and not just the count.

I want more Big Data ;D

GustavoRiddle

« Reply #269 on: July 02, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »
I had an issue with this version. Friday, I installed the version on my HP Notebook, running Windows 8 Release Preview 64-bit. But when I restarted the PC, after the login, it froze!! I had to reinstall Windows. After reinstalling the O.S., I intalled Avast (fresh installation, of course) and the same thing happened.
On my notebook with Win 8 CP 32-bit, no problems. Is there any issues with this version of Avast, with 64-bit O.S.
What could have happened?