Author Topic: Program update 7.0.1451  (Read 269344 times)

urlnts

Re: Program update 7.0.1451
« Reply #270 on: July 02, 2012, 08:05:02 PM »
Just have to give a quick thanks to all involved,everything  went great with the update and Avast is still the best!
All have a good,SAFE summer,
Thanks again,
Steven

FLABirder

« Reply #271 on: July 02, 2012, 08:06:04 PM »
I installed the update on my laptop Saturday night. Now my whole system is running slower than a herd of pregnant turtles. It takes Firefox more than 5 minutes to open. I know that I don't have a virus or anything because I did a complete system scan with Avast, Ad Aware & Spybot. Everything came up clean except for a few tracking cookies. I even did a disk cleanup & defrag. I'm running Windows XP. How do I go back to the previous version?

Jack 1000

« Reply #272 on: July 02, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »
Installed through the GUI on Windows XP.  Seems to be fine.  Two questions:

1.) Do you have to install Web Rep to install the Phishing Filter? (How do you know if you have Site Correct installed?)

2.) Do you have to install Web-Rep to have Site Correct?

Jack

Dch48

« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2012, 08:43:19 PM »

1.) Do you have to install Web Rep to install the Phishing Filter? (How do you know if you have Site Correct installed?)

Jack
The phishing filter works without WebRep but it is an email filter and not a browsing one. SiteCorrect requires the WebRep plugin to be installed and activated. If Google is your default search provider and you have the suggestions turned on, you do not need SiteCorrect at all.

HA Nut

« Reply #274 on: July 02, 2012, 08:47:38 PM »
I have installed (NOT upgraded via the internal updater) build 1451 over the top of build 1426 on 2 XP Pro SP3 machines to day. They both had existing Avast Pro on them. In both cases, the installer considered the installations as totallynew installs. Settings were NOT maintained and even the license had to be inserted on both PCs. Clearly, using the installer package to upgrade Avast Pro installations on XP is NOT working!

Jack 1000

« Reply #275 on: July 02, 2012, 08:51:44 PM »

Jack
The phishing filter works without WebRep but it is an email filter and not a browsing one. SiteCorrect requires the WebRep plugin to be installed and activated. If Google is your default search provider and you have the suggestions turned on, you do not need SiteCorrect at all.

Thanks!  Wow, did not know that Phishing Filter was an e-mail filter only.  (Or do you have to install Webrep for the Phishing Filter to be a browsing filter?)  Now with Phishing Filter as an email filter, will that help if I have a web-based e-mail like Yahoo Mail? (Which I do.)  But I don't have Web Rep installed.

Jack

gapch12

« Reply #276 on: July 02, 2012, 09:34:57 PM »
I think the program update release was a bit premature but oh well...

I find my system has slowed down abit since lastest update.  Scanning is slower.  Connection to internet is slower.

My system wxphome sp3 or 4 whatever is the latest.  avast free 7.0.1451

2566dr

« Reply #277 on: July 02, 2012, 09:36:55 PM »
I installed the latest update on my PC on Friday night. Now my whole system is running really slow.  It takes Google forever to launch.  I keep getting messages stating that my subscription has expired, when it still has 18 months left.  When I reboot it resets itself.    Also having problems with Safezone. Everything was OK until I updated.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dch48

« Reply #278 on: July 02, 2012, 10:08:17 PM »

Jack

Thanks!  Wow, did not know that Phishing Filter was an e-mail filter only.  (Or do you have to install Webrep for the Phishing Filter to be a browsing filter?)  Now with Phishing Filter as an email filter, will that help if I have a web-based e-mail like Yahoo Mail? (Which I do.)  But I don't have Web Rep installed.

Jack
I don't know if the Phishing filter will work with a web based email if you access it through it's web page. I do know that it works with email clients that are set up to retrieve email from web based accounts. It works for me in getting my mail with Windows Mail from GMX, Gmail, and Hotmail.

Yes I am using Windows Mail in Win 7. There is a way to make it work. You just have to paste in the right .dll from Vista.

pomponius

« Reply #279 on: July 02, 2012, 11:00:54 PM »
This update was a complete rubbish!

I think I have to find an other program now.

And that after years of using avast.

And on the top:

Installation of spyware.

Installation of browser plug-ins without asking for allowance.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #280 on: July 02, 2012, 11:17:38 PM »
Is it only my problem or popups does not stack now - I ran 3x EICAR test and couldn't saw "1 <> 3" button - It was everytime in the right-bottom side of popup
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

bobo1

« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2012, 12:23:29 AM »
Def this newer program update is causing slowdowns on Windows XP sp3, Rather bad as more and more tweaking it will get more and more embedded into the operating system and will cripple it.? I Don't want this to get like NORTON SYMANTEC!!!

& i know that it is consuming more resourses than the previous version. Swapfile commit charge increasing the longer the computer is running (memory leaks) compared with previous version on my laptop under test. Will try a new beta version later. Back on previous version downloaded from file hippo
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:32:52 AM by bobo1 »

Jack 1000

« Reply #282 on: July 03, 2012, 02:00:08 AM »
I had IE freezing, telling me it had reset my search provider to BING!  UGGHHH.  I had to ininstall, go into Safe Mode with the Avast Uninstall Utility.  I ran the Uninstaller, and on Reboot, went back to Avast 7.0.1426.

I also set Program Updates to MANUAL in settings, and will ONLY be doing program updates maybe once a year tops, by coming to the forum and making sure that new versions are going to be working OK on my old Windows XP (SP-3) system before installing them.  These program update notifications that only used to go out after the program was ready for prime time, are now being rolled out too fast.

Jack

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 05:01:23 AM by Jack 1000 »

phoenixsecure

« Reply #283 on: July 03, 2012, 02:12:16 AM »
Hi,

just installed latest version 2 days ago and my firewall setting were reset.  What the hell is happening with Avast???  Use to be a very nice anti-virus program, now update are more a pain than anything else.  I am using Pro version on my desktop and one of my client has enterprise version and I have problem with both.  Update that screw up the settings, install update when they are not supose to.  I am very tired of debugging problem and finding out its Avast that is the cause of everything.

After my subscription is over I am moving to another product.  I am a reseller and I wont sell this product anymore.

Binroe

« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2012, 04:44:18 AM »

Well, this is something. After upgrading to 1451 via GUI all seemed fine but after awhile and a couple of reboots using my PC I began noticing slow down and hanging of programs. Then error messages previousl stated by XP users. ie> Insufficient Resources errror message.

Same problem here - PC will eventually crash with an 'out of resources' issue.  Clean install, fully patched, of XP.

Phil

Same problem here as well - fully patched XP Pro, stock Dell Vostro 420.  After running 1451 (either scheduled or manually) PC will eventually crash with 'out of resources' issue.