Author Topic: I just installed Avast 7 1451 and my computer sprouted wings and flew away. WTH?  (Read 5600 times)

All kidding aside everything went great I just used the update feature and restarted my computer. No problems so far!!

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
How does a computer fly? ???
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

iroc9555

How does a computer fly? ???

Flying computer    ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDF6QluwhqA

LOL  ;D Thank god it was running on battery otherwise it would have tore the outlet off the wall  ;D

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
WTH?  How does that happen?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline EmoHobo

All kidding aside everything went great I just used the update feature and restarted my computer. No problems so far!!
You and I both, I worried when I saw the screen about finishing my avast update, but I told it I didn't want Chrome, personal preference, nothing against Chrome.

So I restarted again to make sure it wouldn't appear over and over, like when originally updated to Avast 7.  As of right now everything is fine and the only way the update could of been better is if it dispensed candy from my computer after I finished it.

WTH?  How does that happen?

I am not quite sure how it happened but I think it has something to do with the level of coolness that avast knows it has.  8)

You and I both, I worried when I saw the screen about finishing my avast update, but I told it I didn't want Chrome, personal preference, nothing against Chrome.

So I restarted again to make sure it wouldn't appear over and over, like when originally updated to Avast 7.  As of right now everything is fine and the only way the update could of been better is if it dispensed candy from my computer after I finished it.

Funny you should mention the whole candy dispensing thing because I heard a rumor about that exact thing possibly being in the next release. I guess we will just have to wait and see and HOPE!!!

SafeSurf

When you did your original install of Avast, did you do a Custom install or regular/default install that allowed Chrome?  If you do a Custom install, you can opt out of things.  By doing the upgrade, it will just upgrade what you had done previously.

When you did your original install of Avast, did you do a Custom install or regular/default install that allowed Chrome?  If you do a Custom install, you can opt out of things.  By doing the upgrade, it will just upgrade what you had done previously.

I always do a custom install so I am not bothered by silly things like you mentioned. 8)