Author Topic: Software Updater  (Read 1948 times)

Dougieblackwood

Software Updater
« on: June 13, 2013, 12:41:56 PM »
I find that Avast keeps killing off my Flash player.  I have told it to stop all updates but that only lasts a short while then I have to do it again.  Is there a way to set it so that it NEVER updates other programs?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Software Updater
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 12:47:29 PM »
You should be able to choose ignore on any of the update programs, you can also uninstall the software updater module via Programs and Features/Uninstall Programs.

Click to uninstall avast then click change on the popup screen and untick any unwanted features.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 01:20:43 PM »
There is another solution to the problem, do the required update manually via the normal update channel and then let the avast software updater check.
Sometimes there are discrepancies for language version, so the updated version is already out for the American English user platform but again not available yet for a couple of other languages. In that case set the updater to ignoreup and  until the required global update will appear.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Dougieblackwood

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 10:24:25 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  I used the uninstall option and was immediately given the option to change the settings.  I've deleted the software updater and hopefully my problems should slip away.

Thanks

:)

Dougie

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 12:16:19 AM »
Your welcome :)