Author Topic: Sirefef JQ infect hardware device  (Read 1917 times)

pedovolia

Sirefef JQ infect hardware device
« on: June 30, 2012, 04:52:39 AM »
Please Help me!
Im using Dell Inspiron 1400 with Windows Xp Service Pack 3
After avast detected my system infected by Win32:Sirefef-JQ[Trj], I facing hardware problems on my next windows restart.

My internal device such as keypad, touchpad, mouse(pointing device) and internet connection are not functioning at all. However, i still can use the laptop by connecting external keypad and mouse. I tried to run Avast Boot time Scan,it did scan the virus and remove to chest but the problems still not fixed. In addition, when I open 'Add and Remove Program' in Control Panel, it appears 'Run dll as Apps' errors.

Strafe35

Re: Sirefef JQ infect hardware device
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 06:31:13 AM »
Not to put you down or anything my friend but if you have and probably do have a partition drive separating your programs from your files, I would recommend reinstalling the OS, base from my experience, even if we could somehow get rid of the trojan a severe hardware malfunction like yours may have already corrupted much of your software balance. I opt for a clean OS than to be plagued by this in the near future.

But I do hope that Avast could help you get rid of it,

Best of luck.... 

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Sirefef JQ infect hardware device
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 10:16:59 AM »
if you need help....then read and follow this. http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0