Author Topic: SafeZone Issues  (Read 2348 times)

halbridious

SafeZone Issues
« on: June 29, 2012, 08:49:16 PM »
SafeZone is a great idea, if you want it.  I DON'T.  But every time I open firefox, it opens.  Every few seconds, it opens.
I cannot find, in these forums or in the program, an option to turn this off.  I will be uninstalling Avast if this keeps happening, because this is no different than a virus popping ads up in my face.

And because I have 4 tabs that open with firefox (i have 3 pinned and a new tab always opens) i get 4 separate windows in safe zone as well.  that's an issue in and of itself.

I've been a long time user of avast (Its been on computers I own long for 3 years now) but this may just break my streak :/

MrBell

Re: SafeZone Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »
Same issue here today, with Chrome.  I have noticed that in the last hour, all three of my machines have notices that updates to Avast are now available (wondering/hoping that they caught this issue and the update will solve the problem).  Ergh!

blaze41

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 10:12:59 PM »
I have noticed the same issue after the recent update. It never used to do this. now its really annoying. It even opens safe zone an like 6 browser windows. I thought it was some kind of virus that was affecting it but virus scan comes up clean.

Damask_F

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 01:56:33 PM »
It keeps happening to me also. I've updated my free avast antivirus, and now I get a grey textured screen popping up while browsing the internet. The screen is just like the one on this post. http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=84516.msg687050;topicseen#msg687050  It is so frustrating, it happens about once every ten minutes. I can see no options to switch it off, I don't know what to do apart from uninstall avast and use a different antivirus. Its like having a computer with a virus.

Please help, I'm about 12 hours away from uninstalling, I have no choice. I'd obviously rather not, I have used avast for years now and love it, but this is driving me crazy

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0