Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Weird problem with probably the newest version of Avast Home  (Read 14520 times)

vsub

Re: Weird problem with probably the newest version of Avast Home
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 08:37:22 AM »
My only problem(not really a problem)with Avast now is that I don't get notifications when a new version is released.
I don't plan on updating again to 1451 until avast team fix the problem(my pc becomes completely unusable when I use 1451)

SafeSurf

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 11:47:42 AM »
I don't know why you are not getting the updates for the programs.  You could submit a ticket for this issue if you like, but only submit it once; submitting more than once puts you at the bottom of the pile.

I don't blame you for waiting on updating again to the newer version.  ::)

vsub

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »
Hmm,looks like I needed the clean reinstall(the first time that is,not again)
A popup just appeared that a new version of the program is available.

I doubt this is the reason but...is it possible to be because I change the auto-update check to 1440 minutes(one day).
I don't think it is because:
1.Sometimes I leave my pc on for more than 24 hours
2.After almost every restart\log in,hibernate,I see that the avast.setup process is started.

I get the message couple of minutes after the up time reach 1 day

SafeSurf

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 12:13:29 PM »
Well that's good that you got the notification!  :D :D :D

This is probably the fix in the glitches that Avast was talking about.

If you leave your machine on that long, I hope you are cleaning it out regularly with something like CCleaner as well.

vsub

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 12:38:58 PM »
Like the saying goes...I know my pc like the back of my hand :p.
I have CCleaner but that program is useless or I just don't have the problems that the program is searching for.

The only things that the program find are things that are recreated really quickly...like mru or unused file extensions and junk like that,nothing that can be considered a problem(like missing dds,activex problems,applications paths and so on)

I don't use such programs and every time before I install something,I first check it on a virtual pc to see what will install,what it will change in the registry and what it will auto start with windows

SafeSurf

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 11:21:41 AM »
Just an FYI -- Avast released the fix with a new version 7.0.1456 that fixed many of the problems that users were having.  In your case, I would suggest a clean install to see if it fixes you update problem.

Avast Free AV:                http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe
Avast Pro AV :                 http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup.exe
Avast Internet Security:   http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_internet_security_setup.exe

SafeSurf

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 11:00:21 AM »
I saw that another user posted in a thread: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=100309.0 - see Post #8 that once he/she updated from SP2 to SP3 their problems with Avast went away.  This may help you as well.  It's just an FYI.  :)

vsub

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 11:54:35 AM »
The way I understand the post,he\she didn't even had a SP2(which I have)and he\she is not updating SP2 to SP3 but not SP\SP1 to SP2.

I'm currently using the newest update but it's still in a testing period(one of the previous problems appeared again(the problems that came from 1451)but I'm not sure if the reason for if was avast again so I restarted the PC and I'll see if some problem appear

SafeSurf

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 12:02:51 PM »
I understand.  If you are still having problems with Avast, you may want to consider getting v.1451 off you machine by uninstalling and doing a clean install, but make sure you reboot after the install.  And I believe you already uninstalled all previous versions and products of Avast, but if you didn't do this as well with a reboot in between while in Safe mode.

vsub

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 12:13:13 PM »
I removed 1451 by using the uninstaller and make a clean install of 1426 and today I updated by using the Update Program button to 1456

I didn't have a single problem while I was using the clean install of 1426

SafeSurf

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 12:23:10 PM »
I know you don't want to hear it, but upgrading to SP3 might resolve your problem(s) since there are changes in the new version of Avast and many security upgrades in SP3.  If you really don't want to upgrade to SP3, since we've discussed this before, then you may be stuck with Avast v. 1426 (but now you would have to uninstall and do a clean install again).

vsub

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »
Currently I don't have any problems with 1456,I'm waiting to see if a problem appear.

The problem I mention above could be because of me(I was doing things that can cause a problem to appear),I'm not blaming avast for it yet.

SafeSurf

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 12:43:17 PM »
The problem I mention above could be because of me(I was doing things that can cause a problem to appear)
Now your starting to sound like me.  :P

Keep on testing and let us know how it goes.  :)

vsub

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »
I guess this new update really fix the problem with 1451...almost 10 hours later,not a single problem.

SafeSurf

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 10:38:10 AM »
Finally good news!  :D :D :D  I'm very happy for you.

If you want to continue testing, then go ahead.  When you feel that your issue is resolved, then add "[RESOLVED]" in front of the title of your first post to close the thread.

Otherwise I will continue to assist you.