Author Topic: With last update no antispam bar in Outlook 2007  (Read 26089 times)

gonzogonzo

With last update no antispam bar in Outlook 2007
« on: July 02, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »
Hello to all,
with last update i am not be able too see
the antispam bar in Outlook 2007...
It's normal?
Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: With last update no antispam bar in Outlook 2007
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 12:09:17 AM »
No, the plugin was disable... I don't know how...
Tools > Trust Center (or whatever it is called in English as I'm translating the menu)
There will be "Disabled itens" at the bottom and you need to enable the plugin back.
The best things in life are free.

ZeeKay

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 06:19:01 AM »
I have the same problem with Outlook 2003. After upgrading to the latest Version, the Outlook Anti-Spam bar vanished. I went to 'Help' -> 'About Microsoft Office Outlook' -> 'Disabled Items' but there are no disabled plugins I could reactivate.

gonzogonzo

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 08:15:36 AM »
Yes,
the same of ZeeKey...... :-\

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 01:40:53 PM »
I have the same problem with Outlook 2003. After upgrading to the latest Version, the Outlook Anti-Spam bar vanished. I went to 'Help' -> 'About Microsoft Office Outlook' -> 'Disabled Items' but there are no disabled plugins I could reactivate.
Maybe you could repair the avast! installation and double check the antispam plugin is set to be installed.

ZeeKay

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »
Maybe you could repair the avast! installation and double check the antispam plugin is set to be installed.
I did a repair and made sure the Antispam checkbox was set during installation: No go, the Outlook bar is still missing.
BTW: Antispam itself works. When I download e-mails they are scanned by avast and shown in the 'Additional Protection' -> 'Antispam' tab.

gonzogonzo

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 06:20:39 PM »
 :-\ Ok  I have found that component are inactive i select it bar is activated but next time
i open Outlook is missing again .....

gonzogonzo

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 12:03:11 PM »
Hello,
last update solved problem: antispam bar in Outlook 2007  is come back !!
Thanks

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 12:09:38 PM »
Hello,
last update solved problem: antispam bar in Outlook 2007  is come back !!
Thanks

Thanks for the feedback.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline w.r.peterson10@gmail.com

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 02:30:00 PM »
I too have this problem. I recently updated to v 7.0.1456 and now the antispam buttons no longer appear at the top of my Outlook 2007. When I go to Tools -> Trust Center -> Add-ins I see "avast! Addin" and "avast! Antispam" in the Inactive Application Add-ins group. However, when I try to move them up to Active Applications Add-ins group I get a message telling me they can only be added by the administrator. When I log in as the administrator, I still get that message. I've gone through the avast! repair process but I still don't get the antispam buttons to appear. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline IvanM

• Avast team
  • Senior Project Manager
    • Avast Software a.s.
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »
We have disabled avast Toolbar because of problems while updating from 1426 versions. There are cases that in Outlook addin options are 2 addins presented (avast! Addin and avast! Antispam), which causes crashes of Outlook. We recommend to keep it disabled. If you still want to have your addin enabled, please keep enabled only avast! Addin and avast! Antispam disabled in outlook add-ins options. The best way to do it is to remove avast and make a clear install of AV 7.0.1456 using setup files and then enable addin in Outlook.

Known issues with plugin:

- unable to "mark as read" using pop3 account
- avast! Addin and avast! Antispam is present in Outlook while updating from version 1426 and older

We are still developing new issues in supporting of 3 different versions of Outlook (2k3, 2k7, 2k10) while a new update from MS side is alive. So please be patient.

Regards,
Ivan

cwr64

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 01:05:25 PM »
Up until now I have not encountered any use problems using Outlook, but I'm no power user.  Still getting the message today.  So, when I launched Outlook after rebooting today, I replied to the pop-up to go ahead and disable the add-in.    I don't think I ever chose to enable any Avast toolbar in Outlook.  In Outlook 2007,  when I go to Tools -> Trust Center -> Add-ins I see "avast! Addin" and "avast! Antispam" check boxes are not checked, so I assume they are not active.   In Avast 'status' bar, all items are set to 'checked'.  Hope that is OK.

It would be great if you could post each Monday as to the status of the real fix to Avast for this new problem.
Thank you.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »
You'll most likely see an announcement once this problem has been fixed but,
don't expect weekly updates.
They are too busy solving problems and keeping us safe to worry about weekly announcements.  :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 07:32:39 PM »
Anyway, I expect it does not take that long.
I know the plugin was rewritten but the problems are all over the users. It's not a problem with few users.
Besides, the Antispam is a key tool at the paid versions.
I've uploaded some dumps and hope that, in anyway, they help troubleshooting this.

Thanks for the support. This time I've got also an email from the QA guy. I feel a lot better with the reaction.

jmccormick

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »
I'm very surprised that there is no acknowledgement of the issue or an ETA for a fix.  Without it, I've had to convert 11 systems to another AV because my family and friends need to use Outlook and be protected.

John