Author Topic: Service program update 7.0.1456  (Read 267994 times)

Offline GEGEPING

• Ma Galerie Flickr
Re: Service program update 7.0.1456
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2012, 09:31:18 PM »
Hi,

Did only update or perform a clean software before installing full version ???

As i understand, new version maybe need more system memory and may be in conflict with your firewall?

Is there an option on Zone alarm to launch software like you want?

I don't have Zone alarm firewall, but look and stop.

On my hold laptop P4 1,7Ghz with XP PRO SP2, the firewall load first and after XP let other soft load Avast and many other.

Maybe try with full install with a good clean with ccleaner.

I did it with xp reloaded in " safe mode " (sorry i don't know how to say it in english :-\)

Let us know if you success to solve your problem.

Maybe that other people have same soft like you 8)

RIP Bx TZD TURBO 520140kms le 15/08/2015 et 26ans
Xantia ok jusqu'en 2026 et la C3 même punition@:
Dédicace à une fille merveilleuse Chloé qui a bien grandi:-)
Tonton d'une nièce nommée Chloé ^^ et du Mathieu dit le chinois

Bruce2

« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2012, 09:54:44 PM »
Script Shield not working after GUI Update to 1456 for Avast Free..Have W7 64 Ivy I-7..Comodo Dragon.. It is now working..i guess i did not run into any Scripts for a few hours..
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:04:02 AM by Bruce2 »

unfair.cece.it

Re: Service program update 7.0.1456 - Dead desktop
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2012, 09:55:28 PM »
Upgraded to 7.0.1456 today and yet again upon rebooting I could not do anything from the desktop after logging in.

After a bit of experimentation it would appear that stopping Zonealarm from loading at startup will allow things to work (it can then be started once everything is up and running) but this certainly was not the case prior to the past weeks Avast updates.

I have checked Zonealarm version and it appears to be the latest
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 10.1.101.000
vsmon version: 10.1.101.000
Driver version: 10.1.101.000
ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.380.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.53.235
ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155

So I would suggest that Avast is still causing issues for me on my Windows XP Pro machines :(

im using
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 10.2.064.000
Vsmon version: 10.2.064.000
Driver version: 10.2.064.000
Web Identity Protections version: 1.5.388.0

and is working .. 

markot

« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2012, 10:17:30 PM »
Hi

Yesterday evening I upgraded to Avast 7.0.1456 and Avast said to reboot to complete the installation, but I didn't reboot at that time. Everything was working fine and I shut the computer and went to bed. Today when I started the computer (Win 7 - 64 bit) and logged in, the computer froze on the Windows Welcome window, which it has never done before (the computer is 2 years old). I re-started the computer many times but the same problem happened every time. Then I did a system recovery and cancelled the last thing I did before the problem appeared, which was the Avast program update, and returned to 7.0.1426. Now everything is working fine again!

I have been using Avast many years and have always been satisfied with it. Now I don't know if I dare to make more Avast program updates. What do I do? Thanks a lot for your help.

Offline GEGEPING

• Ma Galerie Flickr
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2012, 10:21:31 PM »
Well

Maybe first mistake not to reboot to finish the installation

Second should be better to clean avast software and install full new version and reboot as it's mentioned.

So after this no problem, look around on this subject if someone have same pc configuration to check where's the problem if there's a pc problem or bad action on your pc.

RIP Bx TZD TURBO 520140kms le 15/08/2015 et 26ans
Xantia ok jusqu'en 2026 et la C3 même punition@:
Dédicace à une fille merveilleuse Chloé qui a bien grandi:-)
Tonton d'une nièce nommée Chloé ^^ et du Mathieu dit le chinois

Dch48

« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2012, 10:22:04 PM »
I just don't get it how Chrome is getting installed to all these users computers. I've done countless upgrades and not a single one has ever installed Chrome because:

a) you uncheck it on first installer screen (meaning it can't go "too fast" for you to uncheck it
b) after program updates are applied, you get the Chrome popup AFTER the update has been applied and computer restarted

There is some "catch" however, if you uncheck Chrome first and then change the installer/program language, Chrome will be ticked again.
But that is about it.
When you either update or fresh install avast, during the reboot, a window comes up saying you need to finish the process. At the bottom of that window are the Chrome options. The window does NOT disappear until you manually close it. It might go away after a certain amount of time if the update happens automatically when you are not at the computer. That's why it's better to leave only the database updates on automatic and get notifications about program updates. Come to think of it, on a fresh install , there is no reboot requested or needed but you still get the window to complete the installation and it does not close by itself. At least it never has for me.

Also, Avast has a kind of partnership with Google as far as the browser is concerned. The Safe Zone browser is a version of Chromium and unless you untick the option, Avast will use Chrome (if you have it installed) to open Avast pages like the account or main website. It will do this even if Chrome is not the default browser. I understand making a browser choice and not wanting one or the other but Chrome is no more evil or "dreaded" than Firefox. Between the two, I much prefer Chrome and it is the default browser on my XP machine since it's a lot faster than IE8. On this Win 7 machine, and the Vista one, IE9 is the default since it is just as fast , or faster in some cases, than Chrome and we both greatly prefer the interfaces of IE.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:34:22 PM by Dch48 »

norel

« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2012, 10:45:30 PM »
Re: settings backup mentioned earlier. I did some tests and got some interesting results with the "Participate in the avast! community" setting. If it's disabled and you back up, then enable it and restore the settings, it doesn't go back to disabled. If you do everything in the reverse, i.e. backup settings with "Participate in the avast! community" enabled, then disable and restore, it restores to the enabled state. It did the same thing on Vista and XP and rebooting didn't make any difference. All other settings I tested worked as expected but I didn't test all of them.

I can't speak to the issue of the new installation changing some settings, but if it does, and you use backup and restore, probably best to double check settings anyway. :)

HA Nut

« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2012, 10:49:16 PM »
Upgraded Avast Pro to 1456 on 4 XP Pro SP 3 machines today. 2 by the GUI, 2 manually. All went ok, far better than 1451. I too had the Community participation newly checked when they finished upgrading and it wasn't checked before.

On the manual upgrades, the installer package does NOT have an upgrade button. It's either a Trial or it wants the license entered (which is odd seeing as how it's already installed, running and licensed!) Choosing Trial seems to work ok and after the reboot, the license is in place. Just seems off the wall to make the customer have to figure this out on their own. Just add an upgrade box!

After going through this, I feel it's worth reminding Avast management that this upgrade upheaval is not necessary. Take the time to test things before rolling them out. Anyone who thought 1451 was ready really needs to re-think their priorities. Schedule or customers??

GG1983

« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2012, 11:05:18 PM »
I'm really disappointed. The release 7.0.1456 is VERY BAD, I suggest to all of you not to install it.
Since the update 2 days ago, my computer doesn't work fine:
-> sound service randomly disabled at compter start up.
-> sound program crashes when launching a sound (winamp, vlc, media player)
-> Avast is blocking several softwares to launch (notepad, calculator, Visual Studio, Opera, Firefox ...)
-> web pages are blocked and I get error messages (Firefox, Opera)
-> applications often crash (Visual Studio, opera, @trip PC, seldom Win7)

The only way to use the computer is to disable Avast !!!!! It's completely crazy, I need to disable it to go on the web. With Avast disabled, I get my PC working again, as fine as it did 2 days ago ...

Hopefully I don't pay for this SW, and I'm seriously thinking about switching to a competitor. I don't understand why Avast doesn't make a new release with a new product number but the previous content, it would satisfy the customers and let some time to correct the issues for next release.

bjac3

« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2012, 11:31:52 PM »
to Markot :

I got the same problem. the NEW code tries to download some extra things from the Internet BEFORE anything else has started, including the zonealarm interface (ZATRAY). As it is a new version, ZA would like to ask permission, and cannot.   Deadlock/

I solved the problem by unplugging from my router BEFORE rebooting.  Without an internet connection, AVAST emergency update paused and let the system finish initialization. Once ZA was started, I replugged my router. AVAST update woke up, and ZA had a change to ask me if I allowed this NEW version to access internet

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2012, 11:33:18 PM »
I'm really disappointed. The release 7.0.1456 is VERY BAD, I suggest to all of you not to install it.
Since the update 2 days ago, my computer doesn't work fine:
-> sound service randomly disabled at compter start up.
-> sound program crashes when launching a sound (winamp, vlc, media player)
-> Avast is blocking several softwares to launch (notepad, calculator, Visual Studio, Opera, Firefox ...)
-> web pages are blocked and I get error messages (Firefox, Opera)
-> applications often crash (Visual Studio, opera, @trip PC, seldom Win7)

The only way to use the computer is to disable Avast !!!!! It's completely crazy, I need to disable it to go on the web. With Avast disabled, I get my PC working again, as fine as it did 2 days ago ...

Hopefully I don't pay for this SW, and I'm seriously thinking about switching to a competitor. I don't understand why Avast doesn't make a new release with a new product number but the previous content, it would satisfy the customers and let some time to correct the issues for next release.

GG1983, are you sure you really have build 1456?
Because:
- it was released only about 24 hours ago, while you said you already have it for two days
- you seem to be the only one reporting issues like this.

I'd recommend double-checking the version number and/or reinstalling the product.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

hayte

« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2012, 11:36:15 PM »
I've also upgraded to 7.0.1456 and it has been nothing but trouble since.

My computer's sound cuts out only on certain programs (generally video players and my chat clients).
Programs will start to hang or freeze and once closed cannot be opened again (I receive a Windows error stating several different things each time this happens).
ctrl + alt + delete no longer functions (I will get a Windows error).
Once I get even one error message about being unable to open a program or use the task manager, I can no longer turn the computer off or restart conventionally (start > turn off computer > turn off computer/restart), it simply ceases to function and I must do a hard restart.
Avast is blocking my screen saver from activating when my computer goes idle (it attempts to sandbox it even when added to the sandbox exception list).

I'm using Windows XP 32bit. Please fix this.

GG1983

« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2012, 11:55:02 PM »
Yes I'm sure of the version.

My problem started about 48 hours ago when Avast told me there was a new version of the program to install and I did the mistake to accept. 24 hours ago, I was already telling everybody around me to skip this update.

Same as hayte, Ctrl+Alt+Suppr doesn't work when it starts to freeze, my solution = hard switch off.

My config is Win 7 home french 32bit + Asus Eee PC.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2012, 11:59:56 PM »
So you updated twice?
Because 1456 was not available 48 hours ago...

If the computer froze after the second update, before you restarted the machine, it's quite possible that the installation got somehow corrupted. I'd suggest to initiate a Repair from avast's control panel applet (via Programs and Features).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:42:38 AM by igor »

Vegeta100

« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2012, 12:57:49 AM »
my firefox 13.1  doesnt open and alot of times is like blocking my internet access i think. what should i do. plz help??
  This might be a shot in the dark, but have you tried disabling the Sandbox?  I disabled it on my system ages ago because it kept trying to Sandbox some of my computer games and was causing problems with them.

i am new to avast but how do i disable sandbox?