Author Topic: Service program update 7.0.1456  (Read 267049 times)

Offline Cyberpunk

• Man is virus.
Re: Service program update 7.0.1456
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »
Are either of you using RealPlayer plug-in in Firefox?  There is a conflict.  Also, the new Flash Protected Mode causes problems.  See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash and scroll down to "Flash Player 11.3 Protected Mode - Windows".  Start reading from there.  A lot of people are having problems with the newer releases of Flash and Firefox.

I've never ever installed RealPlayer plugin.

Tnx for the Protected Mode link, but it seems you missed something:

Disabling Protected Mode in Flash 11.3

Note: The Flash 11.3.300.262 plugin installer from this direct link apparently disables Protected Mode by default and requires adding ProtectedMode=1 to the Flash "mms.cfg" file to enable it.

Or do you want me to try Flash with the Protected Mode enabled?

Also, I tried avast! on a different system:

avast! Free Antivirus 7.0.1456
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
Mozilla Firefox 13.0.1
Shockwave Flash Plugin 11.3.300.262

and there were no problems with Fx and Flash...

Edit: Tried my mother's laptop today, it has the same configuration as my desktop:

avast! Free Antivirus 7.0.1456
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
Mozilla Firefox 13.0.1
Shockwave Flash Plugin 11.3.300.262

No problems there either...  ???
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:36:17 PM by Cyberpunk »
--
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 - avast! Free Antivirus 12.2.2276

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2012, 07:06:46 PM »
Did you use the Adobe Flash Uninstaller http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe before updating Flash as recommended by Adobe?  Note that running this will uninstall Adobe Flash from your machine entirely, including Flash ActiveX for Internet Explorer, which is also the one that Avast uses.

No, I'm not suggesting that you enable Flash Protected Mode.  Check your Flash "mms.cfg" file and make sure that protected mode is truly disabled.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline Cyberpunk

• Man is virus.
« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2012, 07:46:45 PM »
I always use the Flash Uninstaller before I update Flash.  ;) (Will try it again once more and will also uninstall avast! with aswclear and make a clean install... again.)

I checked mms.cfg and it says:

AutoUpdateDisable=0
SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0

Adding

ProtectedMode=0

should not be necessary, because mozillaZine states 11.3.300.262 disables Protected Mode by default. I made an inquiry on the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox and two posters reacted avast is not causing any problem. I'm almost ready to install Avira...   :(

Edit: Booted in Safe Mode, uninstalled avast (again), uninstalled Flash, reinstalled, rebooted several times in between. Nothing - besides disabling avast or shutting down the Behavior Shield - helps. I also tried disabling Online Armor Free, but that didn't help either. I don't know what to do anymore (instead of dumping avast and installing Avira instead).  :(
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:08:42 PM by Cyberpunk »
--
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 - avast! Free Antivirus 12.2.2276

thug4real

« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2012, 12:01:03 AM »
I see that even this version was not solved the problem with avast web shield. You need to select scan traffic of well known browsers for make privatefirewall ask for rules to all processes that want to access the Internet, similar in case the firewall of windows 7 when you create a rule to block a process to access the Internet.

ozcar

« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2012, 12:30:16 AM »
WinXP SP3. Current version is 7.0.1426.

Avast has been nagging me to update for a few days - I have it set to not update automatically.

So, I tell it to update the program.
Is says something about retrieving information.
It then presents me with a choice of Essential Update or Try Internet Security - I select Essential Update.
It says: Step 1 of 3, and a "progress bar" appears briefly, and this is then replaced with a message saying: Total time: 7 s
I click OK and it tells me current version still 7.0.1426, and that version 7.0.1456 is available.
I try again, and it does the same thing (the exact number of seconds it takes varies a bit).

I downloaded avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe and tried to run that.
It puts up a window with a "rotating wheel" thing for a short time, and then throws up a message box saying: An error 0(00000000) has occurred. Last performed operation was: spawning.
Try again - same thing.

Now what?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2012, 12:45:42 AM »
WinXP SP3. Current version is 7.0.1426.
Avast has been nagging me to update for a few days - I have it set to not update automatically.
[...]
Now what?

1. Download avast! Free Antivirus: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe
2. Follow instructions: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed avast! versions..!!)
3. Reinstall avast! with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2012, 03:04:42 AM »
I don't trust most program uninstallers.  Too many contain Trojan time bombs. 
Hope you trust on avast! uninstaller though and you're not referring to it ;)
The best things in life are free.

ozcar

« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2012, 05:00:38 AM »
. . .
1. Download avast! Free Antivirus: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe
2. Follow instructions: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed avast! versions..!!)
3. Reinstall avast! with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.

Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, avast! Free Antivirus, Change/Remove - did not appear to do anything (no error message, nothing...).

Following the rest of the instructions to uninstall, did seem to work.

However, all this  required rebooting multiple times, safe mode, re-registering the product, and then wasting time getting all the settings back to something reasonable for me. That is hardly an acceptable way to have to update.

jrace

« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2012, 01:37:30 PM »

Updated yesterday via GUI from .1451 to .1456 and everthing worked as advertised.

Opening "Outlook 2007" everytimes since, the following message with a "Fatal Error" pops up: see picture
I'v never seen that message with any avast! version inclusive beta before. If I do not deactivate the outlook plug in and continue by clicking "Nein" (No), "Outlook" opens normal showing avast! splash screen and avast! addin is installed and apparently working fine.
Any clue???   :o

Offline TerraX

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2012, 01:53:12 PM »
Win10 64bit / Avast Premium Security / MBAM Free / Firefox ESR [NS/uBO] / Thunderbird / AOS/ASB

Holy-Terrorist

« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2012, 09:11:45 PM »
*=* Hi everyone, it a good idea to add a password in Avast antivirus, to remove Avast antivirus in computer, of the obligation to need a password to remove Avast antivirus, in my school haved McAfee antivirus and the problem is removable, is remplaced be Kaspersky antivirus, Kaspersky antivirus need a password to remove it!
*=* It a good idea to need possibly a password in Avast antivirus similar with Kaspersky antivirus to not remove Avast antivirus, locked be password?
I speak french and little english.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2012, 09:47:01 PM »
Sorry, not sure what you mean..??
But the possibility to set a password is already there. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2012, 09:51:29 PM »
Hi all,
I wanted to point that the problem described here
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=100429.msg802584#msg802584
 is not solved in the new version 7.0.1456

The button "run virtualized process" is not working from GUI
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline DrBB01

« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2012, 11:41:04 PM »
I admit I have not read all 12 pages of comments; I have, however, had problems on two PCs with Firefox since updating to 7.0.1456, and troubleshooting them has been time-consuming. At this point, anyway, there appear to be a confluence of factors suggesting some combination of the latest versions of Avast, Firefox, Flash, and (possibly--at least for me) Online Armor are not working well together. Some things I have found out to date:
  • Failure to exclude Online Armor executable files in File Shield in the past was unnecessary; it is now. [I had already done it the other way around.]
  • Even the Flash Uninstaller does not always remove all Flash files. In Win 7, go to the directory, "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash" after running the uninstaller. The Flash directory should be gone or empty. If there are files in it, close any app that may be using Flash (e.g., browser, Secunia PSI) and delete them manually. On at least one PC, I could not install the new version of Flash until I did this.
  • Turning off the Behavioral Shield generally allows apparently normal browsing, though you reduce protection as a cost. So did shutting down Online Armor, but disabling a firewall doesn't seem like a good solution to bad browsing, does it?   ;)  [I did find, however, that turning off Online Armor completely, launching my browser, then reactivating OA seemed to work fine. Not so with Behavioral Shield.]  ???
  • After finally uninstalling and reinstalling Flash on one PC about two hours ago, Firefox seems stable, if a little slow to start. I want to reboot a few times and clean the registry and see what happens.
  • The other PC seems OK with Firefox, but another issue has arisen with Avast. When I click on "Show traffic history," I receive a message that Flash is not installed, despite the fact that it definitely is. In addition, Avast wants to download a file from its website (fl2.avast.exe), which is an old version of Flash (11.1.xxx). I will do some maintenance and reboot a couple of times to see if this issue goes away.

I hope someone finds this helpful. There are too many apps out there that are uncoordinated. When software development was less about how fast and more about how well, rival developers could better coordinate changes to their platforms (at least if they thought it was to their advantage   ;D ). With everyone now vying to turn out new version of stuff every few weeks or days almost, it's hard to troubleshoot problems other than to stay behind the pack and wait for the dust to clear. I guess the upside of a suite of apps is that development is likely to be more coordinated. The cost is to risk using suboptimal products designed for the "typical" user--whoever that is!