Author Topic: Service program update 7.0.1456  (Read 267060 times)

Dch48

Re: Service program update 7.0.1456
« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2012, 09:19:18 PM »
innkeeper9, sometimes the firewall and the antivirus have their issues with the other.
Maybe you can uninstall ZA, boot, repair avast! installation (Control Panel), reinstall ZA to test.
Or maybe putting ZA into the learning mode during the Avast installation would work. Then any necessary rules for avast would be automatically created during the installation and reboot.

Offline Cyberpunk

• Man is virus.
« Reply #196 on: July 09, 2012, 09:29:45 PM »
I admit I have not read all 12 pages of comments; I have, however, had problems on two PCs with Firefox since updating to 7.0.1456, and troubleshooting them has been time-consuming. At this point, anyway, there appear to be a confluence of factors suggesting some combination of the latest versions of Avast, Firefox, Flash, and (possibly--at least for me) Online Armor are not working well together. Some things I have found out to date:

Tnx for the effort, but it didn't help me. I'm working with OA Free 5.5.0.1616 and avast .1456 keeps freezing Fx 13.0.1. I must have tried just about everything. Installed and uninstalled avast a dozen times. Nothing helps.

I've read the advice given in http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=100851.msg806377#msg806377, but it doesn't help me...  :( I've downgraded to .1426. I can either uninstall avast completely (and switch to an alternative, Avira for instance), install .1456 and disable the Behavior Shield or hope that a new version of avast will solve the problem. I've got the feeling the people of avast aren't taking these problems seriously. After all, a majority of users state they have no problem with this new version.
--
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 - avast! Free Antivirus 12.2.2276

srprasad

« Reply #197 on: July 09, 2012, 10:29:23 PM »
After installing updating the latest version my System started to take much much longer to load the browsers and sometimes used to hang during the Startup when this happend few times I started checking out and observed it was due to Avast immediately uninstalled and installed AVG.

So even iam waiting for the next version of Avast to fix those issues

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2012, 10:29:56 PM »
I admit I have not read all 12 pages of comments; I have, however, had problems on two PCs with Firefox since updating to 7.0.1456, and troubleshooting them has been time-consuming. At this point, anyway, there appear to be a confluence of factors suggesting some combination of the latest versions of Avast, Firefox, Flash, and (possibly--at least for me) Online Armor are not working well together. Some things I have found out to date:

Tnx for the effort, but it didn't help me. I'm working with OA Free 5.5.0.1616 and avast .1456 keeps freezing Fx 13.0.1. I must have tried just about everything. Installed and uninstalled avast a dozen times. Nothing helps.

I've read the advice given in http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=100851.msg806377#msg806377, but it doesn't help me...  :( I've downgraded to .1426. I can either uninstall avast completely (and switch to an alternative, Avira for instance), install .1456 and disable the Behavior Shield or hope that a new version of avast will solve the problem. I've got the feeling the people of avast aren't taking these problems seriously. After all, a majority of users state they have no problem with this new version.
You need to go into OA and remove the rules set up for avast!   then reboot and let it find avast! again and allow avast!.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

dwechs

« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2012, 01:23:00 AM »
Last night I updated free Avast to version 7.0.1456. This morning, I cannot run IE7, Chrome, or MS-Outlook, except in safe mode. However, I can run normally, an old Mozilla browser I used for school. I can also run Skype. And, I can access websites from my older machine with IE6, which does not have 7.0.1456. So, while I can't be sure, the new Avast version is suspect.

Thwarter

« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2012, 04:27:20 AM »
Someone else posted this same WebRep error with IE that I'm having but I haven't seen a solution.

IE 9 keeps complaining of the following error (starting with 1451 and continues in 1456).

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BEX
  Application Name:   iexplore.exe
  Application Version:   9.0.8112.16446
  Application Timestamp:   4fb57c8f
  Fault Module Name:   aswWebRepIE.dll
  Fault Module Version:   7.0.1456.418
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4ff31b8b
  Exception Offset:   0004d9fb
  Exception Code:   c0000417
  Exception Data:   00000000
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   79a3
  Additional Information 2:   79a3341acaaf7e47041f0edd7b5e9467
  Additional Information 3:   8663
  Additional Information 4:   86633880258374ad9d4df993b11a719c

And there are TWO entries in the add-ons for WebRep.  Are there supposed to be two?

Tips for a fix?  I tried uninstalling Avast and reinstalling but no joy, still get the WebRep error in IE.

FLABirder

« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2012, 06:47:35 AM »
I uninstalled Avast & now my system is running fine. AdAware has antivirus built in now, so I may stick with it unless someone can tell me how to go back to Avast 6. I wish I had never installed Avast 7. It's a piece of junk. Avast used to be a very good program but the newest version including the update are worthless if you're using XP SP 3.

ChasWm

« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2012, 07:16:29 AM »
Hi,

we've just released service program update of avast! Free AV / Pro AV / Internet Security (7.0.1456)

This release includes fixes of problems you reported to us:
* Fixed memory leak in aswMon2 driver
* Fixed problem with random opening of the SafeZone
* Fixed SSL connection issues with SMTP
* Fixed blocking of Internet access
* Fixed missing "Additional protection" tab
* Fixed crashes in Outlook
* Fixed some BSODs

Sorry for any inconvenience with previous version.

thanks,
Pavel

I received a notice for this update; cannot access internet from Outlook email and it crashes Outlook.  How is this "fixed"?

innkeeper9

« Reply #203 on: July 10, 2012, 07:21:58 AM »
innkeeper9, sometimes the firewall and the antivirus have their issues with the other.
Maybe you can uninstall ZA, boot, repair avast! installation (Control Panel), reinstall ZA to test.

I have downloaded the program from the forum link here, turned off ZA and installed Avast, then rebooted. ZA loaded, Avast loaded and my sound icon loaded in the task bar. ZA began asking me if I wanted AvastEmUpdate to access the internet. I said no, that is the thing I had problems with before. But it kept asking over and over one right after the other, so I set it to not allow access for that.
After I blocked that, I  then made sure all the other things like AvastUI.exe, AvastSvc.exe, and avastSetup.exe are allowed automatic access. I have had no more problems. That EmUpdate part of it is the one that when I told it to install, installed all the google stuff without asking me if I wanted them. Anyway, just wanted to say that everything seems to be fine now. I keep checking the update info in avast to see if it is accessing and it seems to be working just fine, shows the last update attempt. I'm assuming, though I shouldn't, that if there is no update it just shows the attempt. It shows the last update at 12 something this afternoon.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for the suggestion about turning off ZA and then installing Avast and rebooting. That seemed to do the trick. Thanks much!

rella

« Reply #204 on: July 10, 2012, 09:32:28 AM »
HELP!  in the middle of a busy work day stupidly upgraded avast to 7.0.1456.  Now have no internet explorer, all microsoft programs get stuck including help / support.  Tried to uninstall avast but that also doesnt work.  have spent 4 hours trying to get something to work to no avail.  With no emails, internet or microsoft stuff working - getting no work done at all.  What do I try next?  Had to go elsewhere to use another computer to post this.  >:(   >:(    >:(

rella.

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #205 on: July 10, 2012, 09:37:26 AM »
HELP!  in the middle of a busy work day stupidly upgraded avast to 7.0.1456.  Now have no internet explorer, all microsoft programs get stuck including help / support.  Tried to uninstall avast but that also doesnt work.  have spent 4 hours trying to get something to work to no avail.  With no emails, internet or microsoft stuff working - getting no work done at all.  What do I try next?  Had to go elsewhere to use another computer to post this.  >:(   >:(    >:(

rella.
Try avast! Uninstall Utility. You can download it from here:
http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

And, please start a new topic if you could not solve your problem. This thread is already too long.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #206 on: July 10, 2012, 11:46:11 AM »
Last night I updated free Avast to version 7.0.1456. This morning, I cannot run IE7, Chrome, or MS-Outlook, except in safe mode. However, I can run normally, an old Mozilla browser I used for school. I can also run Skype. And, I can access websites from my older machine with IE6, which does not have 7.0.1456. So, while I can't be sure, the new Avast version is suspect.

This isn't uncommon in a program update as changed components (avastSvc.exe) may be blocked by your firewall.

It would be best to continue this in a new topic of your own (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0 'new topic' button) as it is likely to get buried in this huge topic and make it even more confused than it already is. Answer the questions in the new topic and we will try and help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

SafeSurf

« Reply #207 on: July 10, 2012, 12:07:40 PM »
@ Cyberpunk,

I'm familiar with both OA and Avast since I posted that link.  What I suggest you do is keep the clean (fresh) copy of Avast on your machine (not an upgrade), and uninstall and do a clean install of OA (go into OA and uninstall using their uninstaller tool).  OA requires 2 reboots.  The first boot automatically goes into Learning Mode.  On the second reboot and when you start using it in your preferred browser with Avast, keep it in Learning Mode for a few minutes.  You may get a few popups if you are in Advanced Mode (less if in Standard Mode), but this may resolve your problem.

After you do this, go back into OA, untick Programs and Autoruns and make sure everything is in green and not yellow or red.  If they are not in green, right click it to change it to "Allow" or "Trusted."  Then you can "Hide" to minimize parts of OA.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you.

zeihgr

Re: Service program update 7.0.1456 did not fix MS Outlook crashes
« Reply #208 on: July 10, 2012, 04:36:41 PM »
Yesterday I updated free Avast to version 7.0.1456. Previously I had to disable the avast add-in for MS Outlook to work properly because the avast outlook addin was causing the program to freeze up.  Since the update the advast forum indicates that the issue has been resolved.  [/size]
Hi,

we've just released service program update of avast! Free AV / Pro AV / Internet Security (7.0.1456)

This release includes fixes of problems you reported to us:
* Fixed memory leak in aswMon2 driver
* Fixed problem with random opening of the SafeZone
* Fixed SSL connection issues with SMTP
* Fixed blocking of Internet access
* Fixed missing "Additional protection" tab
* Fixed crashes in Outlook
* Fixed some BSODs

Sorry for any inconvenience with previous version.

thanks,
Pavel

How is this "fixed"?
MS Outlook is still crashing and shuts down.  The recovery message is related to the avast add-in program.

Comupter Setup - Win 7 with MS Office 2007 Ultimate.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Service program update 7.0.1456 did not fix MS Outlook crashes
« Reply #209 on: July 10, 2012, 05:13:51 PM »
Yesterday I updated free Avast to version 7.0.1456. Previously I had to disable the avast add-in for MS Outlook to work properly because the avast outlook addin was causing the program to freeze up.

Read here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?msg=804553
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0