Author Topic: Service program update 7.0.1456  (Read 267869 times)

Orange123

Re: Service program update 7.0.1456
« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2012, 06:11:28 PM »
:D THE HANG IN FIREFOX 13.1, WHEN RUN UNDER WINDOWS 7 SP1 x64, OCCURS AS A CONFLICT WITH SHOCKWAVE FLASH PLUGIN VERSION 11.3.300.262 WHEN IT IS ENABLED. I DON'T KNOW IF IT OCCURS WITH OTHER VERSIONS OF FLASH - THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I'VE USED SINCE MIGRATING TO FIREFOX. I HAVE DISABLED IT AND RE-ENABLED BEHAVIORAL SHIELD - EVERYTHING WORKS NOW! CAN YOU PLEASE LOOK INTO WHAT MAY BE CAUSING THIS? (PERHAPS ONE MORE UPDATE TO .1457?).

(P.S. I AM RUNNING AVAST .1456 + FIREFOX 13.1 + FLASH PLUGIN 11.3.300.262 UNDER WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL SP3 ON MY LAPTOP.  THERE WAS NEVER A PROBLEM THERE, SO THIS CONFLICT IS PROBABLY RESTRICTED TO WINDOWS 7.)

I'm having the exact same problem with this new update 7.0.1456. I am also running the exact same progam versions. Runing Windows 7 64bit SP1, Flash Plugin 11.3.300.262, Firefox 13.1.

I don't have any problems with Opera or IE9. Firefox 13.1 works browsing normal pages but any page using flash and the browser hangs making me use task manager to end the process.

Before I came across this post I did a clean reinstall of Avast and also a clean install of Flash neither resolved the issue.

So... anyone having the problem with Flash in Firefox, can you please confirm that the problem goes away when you stop the Behavior Shield in avast?

Thanks
Vlk

I can confirm also disabling Behaviour Shield fixes the problem.

Is there a way to downgrade or download to the avast version before this update?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:49:22 PM by Orange123 »

RadiateLove

« Reply #211 on: July 10, 2012, 07:18:16 PM »
I want to report a potential problem with the new aVast Basic version used with Windows XP (I have 32-bit Media Center ver., SP 3, build 2600 - I'm fairly certain all is as up-to-date as possible). I didn't check here after a bit of a "nightmare" with the version right before this new one, but I believe the previous version wreaked some havoc on my computer since most everything returned to normal after your newest update. But the potential aVast-related problem I'm now experiencing has to do with an external USB hard drive (HD) I use everyday. Either yesterday or day before, I plugged it in as usual & Windows generated the error "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." This has never happened before & I didn't feel the problem was with the HD. I disabled aVast's shields temporarily & plugged the HD in again. The HD was recognized but erroneously indicated the USB port to be a slow one (1.0 vs. 2.0, I assume). I tried the other two 2.0 USB ports on this computer & one seemed to work as intended, but the one I normally use for this drive is working as described above or may suddenly seem to work normally. The other 2.0 still generates the error mentioned above. I would like to rule out possible causes BEFORE considering a problem with the HD itself. If any other Windows XP user has had similar problems crop up in the last week or so, please post here. Thanks. [If aVast personnel need more info about my particular system, I'll provide it ASAP - there's so many details, I just didn't know what all you'd need & I didn't see a minimum guideline posted - please forgive if there is one & I didn't see it.]

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2012, 07:22:28 PM »
If any other Windows XP user has had similar problems crop up in the last week or so, please post here. Thanks.

No problems here.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

RadiateLove

« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2012, 07:32:11 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, Asyn.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #214 on: July 10, 2012, 07:38:16 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, Asyn.

NP, but if you need more input/feedback/support I suggest to open a new topic. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Cyberpunk

• Man is virus.
« Reply #215 on: July 10, 2012, 09:12:15 PM »
You need to go into OA and remove the rules set up for avast!   then reboot and let it find avast! again and allow avast!.

Tnx for the tip, bob3160, but I cant find any avast entries (rules) in the Program menu. Probably because I've setup a rule (Options > Exclusions) to exclude

C:\Program Files\AVAST Software

Should I try without this rule?
--
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 - avast! Free Antivirus 12.2.2276

ACTUAL

« Reply #216 on: July 10, 2012, 09:14:55 PM »
After Avast 7.0.1456 update I can not launch Battlefield 3 from Electronic Arts Origin(Their version of steam).

• This is not a AVAST firewall conflict.
  • Problem happens only when AVAST shields are enabled, when shields are disabled Battlefield and Origin function properly.
  • Problem only occurred after the recent update
  • No matter what I exude, the problem persists. I I forget to disable the shields before attempting to play I have to hard restart my system.
  • Other people in the BF3 forums are reporting this issue, some have not figured out it is related to the recent AVAST update.

This is now the 3rd time AVAST is interfering with Battlefield/Origin(I am including the recent Punkbuster issue). Long time AVAST user and have not had any issues in the past. I have posted this twice before, but I was hoping to hear of a new beta or update.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:19:04 PM by ACTUAL »

Dch48

« Reply #217 on: July 10, 2012, 09:22:14 PM »
After Avast 7.0.1456 update I can not launch Battlefield 3 from Electronic Arts Origin(Their version of steam).

• This is not a AVAST firewall conflict.
  • Problem happens only when AVAST shields are enabled, when shields are disabled Battlefield and Origin function properly.
  • Problem only occurred after the recent update
  • No matter what I exude, the problem persists. I I forget to disable the shields before attempting to play I have to hard restart my system.
  • Other people in the BF3 forums are reporting this issue, some have not figured out it is related to the recent AVAST update.

This is now the 3rd time AVAST is interfering with Battlefield/Origin(I am including the recent Punkbuster issue). Long time AVAST user and have not had any issues in the past. I have posted this twice before, but I was hoping to hear of a new beta or update.
Try setting origin.exe to run as an administrator in the compatibility settings.. I had to do that to get it to launch the game I have in Origin.

Offline Cyberpunk

• Man is virus.
« Reply #218 on: July 10, 2012, 10:17:15 PM »
@ Cyberpunk,

I'm familiar with both OA and Avast since I posted that link.  What I suggest you do is keep the clean (fresh) copy of Avast on your machine (not an upgrade), and uninstall and do a clean install of OA (go into OA and uninstall using their uninstaller tool).  OA requires 2 reboots.  The first boot automatically goes into Learning Mode.  On the second reboot and when you start using it in your preferred browser with Avast, keep it in Learning Mode for a few minutes.  You may get a few popups if you are in Advanced Mode (less if in Standard Mode), but this may resolve your problem.

After you do this, go back into OA, untick Programs and Autoruns and make sure everything is in green and not yellow or red.  If they are not in green, right click it to change it to "Allow" or "Trusted."  Then you can "Hide" to minimize parts of OA.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you.

I think I'm going to cry... it didn't work.  :(  :-[ :-\

I booted in Safe Mode, used aswclear.exe to uninstall, booted in Safe Mode, uninstalled AO Free (no uninstall tool in Free version), booted in Normal Mode, installed .1456 and rebooted. I was curious so I tried Fx and Flash before reinstalling AO Free. There was no problem. Unfortunately, reinstalling AO Free made the problem go back. Perhaps I should replace AO Free with Privatefirewall. OR dump avast. I can live with the Chrome option, but I do not like the other ads, the fact that you have to confirm Free avast several times and the fact that the welcome message appeared even though I left it unchecked. (After rebooting, this "feature" was checked.)

Anyway, tnx for trying to help...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:20:11 PM by Cyberpunk »
--
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 - avast! Free Antivirus 12.2.2276

elstaci

« Reply #219 on: July 11, 2012, 01:34:13 AM »
 ??? I thought my Thunderbird was the problem when it kept asking for my password every time I connected. Since Upgrading, Thunderbird is working great. But I have one complaint. The new version, at least on my computer, just about every website I go including Avast, I get a Malware Warning in firefox.exe. It seems to see URL:MAL . Has anyone had the same problem?

Update: After Firefox updated from version 13 to Version 14 Avast is working normally again. It isn't seeing web infected pages all the time.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 02:31:33 AM by elstaci »

AndyMPCS

« Reply #220 on: July 11, 2012, 02:22:28 AM »
There are major issues with this latest update! And possibly recent previous updates.  I work as a computer engineer and have experienced serious bizarre behaviour from several PC's after these recent updates.  After reading some of these posts it's apparent that others are having similar problems but not everyone.  I'm currently working on a Vista 32-bit machine, all in good shape untill the latest version of Avast goes on.  Remove Avast, everything working again.  The machine is clean and virus free.  I have restored it to a date when everything was working fine, everything works fine again untill avast updates.  I have even tried above steps again, then uninstalled avast, then used the cleaner utility in safe-mode, the ran a reg cleaner and deleted all avast folders etc. and then re-installed the new avast and same again, computer freezing, certain programs not opening/running, no internet, PC not shutting down properly etc etc.. PC un-usable basically!  Now tonight I discovered that the windows firewall was treating my network connection as 'Public' (stricter firewall settings) instead of 'Private' so I switched it to 'Private' (whilst in 'safe-mode with networking') and also disabled the firewall.  Then re-booted again in normal mode and everything works fine again...that is untill the windows firewall is re-enabled and the PC is re-booted again!  What is going on Avast!!  PLEASE FIX ASAP!!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #221 on: July 11, 2012, 02:47:32 AM »
AndyMPCS, the behavior of your computer seems to be related to a conflict with other security program, most probably a firewall/HIPS one or an old antivirus bad uninstalled.
The best things in life are free.

AndyMPCS

« Reply #222 on: July 11, 2012, 03:07:41 AM »
AndyMPCS, the behavior of your computer seems to be related to a conflict with other security program, most probably a firewall/HIPS one or an old antivirus bad uninstalled.

Typical!  I hope you don't work for AVAST!! Did you even read my post?  TRUST ME IT'S AN ISSUE WITH AVAST!!  There is and has never been any other security software installed and it's the WINDOWS firewall i'm talking about.  Let's just see how long it takes for yet another new avast program version to appear!!!

THIS IS APPALLING!!  >:( >:(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #223 on: July 11, 2012, 03:39:24 AM »
I hope you don't work for AVAST!!
I'm an old avast user, 10 years and, yes, now I work for avast!

Did you even read my post?
Yes.

TRUST ME IT'S AN ISSUE WITH AVAST!!
Trust me, I've tried to do my best guesses for the situation.

Let's just see how long it takes for yet another new avast program version to appear!!!
Well, you could try  an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. (Optional) If you want, save your avast! settings for later restoration (Settings > Maintenance > Back up).
4. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
5. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1 in Safe Mode. Boot after you've run it. Repeat this for any major avast! version you have ever installed/upgraded in your computer.
6. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
7. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro. Or even upgrade your key from old versions.
8. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.
The best things in life are free.

Dch48

« Reply #224 on: July 11, 2012, 05:52:09 AM »

Typical!  I hope you don't work for AVAST!! Did you even read my post?  TRUST ME IT'S AN ISSUE WITH AVAST!!  There is and has never been any other security software installed and it's the WINDOWS firewall i'm talking about.  Let's just see how long it takes for yet another new avast program version to appear!!!

THIS IS APPALLING!!  >:( >:(
Avast has never affected the Windows Firewall in any way but one, and that only happens if you have the outgoing protection part of it turned on.  That issue involves the outgoing firewall rules being bypassed if the Web Shield is not set to scan browser processes only.  If there really was an issue strictly between the Windows firewall in it's default settings and Avast then every single Windows user with the firewall turned on would be experiencing it.

The one machine here is running Vista 32 bit and the default Vista firewall with absolutely no problems at all.  I continually see problems being reported by people who do the most tinkering with their systems, like computer professionals, where normal everyday users who leave most things on default settings seem to have far fewer.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:59:15 AM by Dch48 »