Author Topic: Service program update 7.0.1456  (Read 267982 times)

REDACTED

Re: Service program update 7.0.1456
« Reply #225 on: July 11, 2012, 01:35:33 PM »
 >:( Has anyone heard anything from the avast support team on the problems with .1456?  I haven't seen a thing since the announcement of the release went up 15 pages ago.  Everyone is either posting problems, or suggesting work-arounds, but if you paid for avast Professional as I did, wouldn't you like to know that least someone from avast is looking into this.  I have posted several messages on the tech support board and have yet to receive a reply!  The forums are helpful, but should not be used as a substitute for tech support doing their job! 

AndyMPCS

« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2012, 02:28:20 PM »
1.  I have tried all of the 8 steps suggested by Tech! Several times!  You can see from my post I have!

2. And Dch48, I too thought that if it was a problem with Avast then every single user must have the same problem!..wrong...it is Avast but for what ever reason it isn't affecting every single user.  I've been repairing computers long enough though to realise that there could be 1 in a million reasons for this but it is possible.  The computer isn't mine, but one I built and look after, the windows firewall IS in default state and hasn't been TINKERED with!  To suggest that only people who know what there doing are the ones having problems because they must have tinkered with their PC is ridiculous. 

Once again if you read my post you will see that everything works just fine (with avast) prior to updating to the recent version, so it has to be a problem with avast that only occurs in certain circumstances.

The customer reported the problem to me and said everything was fine until an Avast update came down, the reported problem was a blank screen with mouse cursor after logon!  Then the desktop eventually came back but with the problems I mentioned before.  I have tried EVERYTHING possible on this PC without completely wiping it and re-installing everything.  Every time and every stage of everything I've done as soon as THE LATEST Avast is removed everything works just fine.  Or as I've discovered disabling the windows firewall also makes everything work fine.  There is something wrong somewhere between avast and the firewall/network side of things.  You only have to look on the forum to see how many people are having problems with these latest updates.

Even my own PC, Win7-64-bit, default firewall never messed with it was acting up around the time these new updates came out, on every re-boot I got the Avast box saying the update had completed click finish, I did but still got the box back on the next re-boot.  Then there was another update (probably most recent version) and now that's stopped happening but on the first re-boot my PC stalled for ages after logon and acted very strange for a good while before it seemed to come right.  I knew it was something to do with avast but as it came right and has been ever since I didn't bother about it. C'Mon Avast figure it out!  I'm a long time user and recommend Avast to all my customers don't let me down!!

TIGERLAD

« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2012, 02:41:19 PM »
On recommendations I purchased AvastIS 6 months ago and have had nothing but problems since updating from version6 to 7. Slow boot ups and frozen welcome screen I can live with (just) but 2 system crashes are unacceptable. Yesterday, my system went down leaving me with no desktop, no internet, nada. Tried system restore to week previous----no joy. Tried safe boot-----pc  stuck halfway loading windows files. In the end restored a system image which included avast 1426. Restore was successful but as my desktop loaded avast informed me that it had updated to1456 even though I have automatic programme updates disabled. I can only assume it was avast deciding to update that caused the problem. Over the years I have used Norton and Mcafee with no problems whatsoever. Having paid for a software package I expect any programme updates to be fully tested before issue. I am at the point now that any further problems will see me giving avast the big heave -oh.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #228 on: July 11, 2012, 03:29:04 PM »
Over the years I have used Norton and Mcafee with no problems whatsoever.
How did you remove your old antivirus programs, did you run the vendors removal tool to delet remnants before installing avast.

I would also suggest that if you still have problems with avast that you start a new topic here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0

TIGERLAD

« Reply #229 on: July 11, 2012, 03:48:02 PM »
Hello craigb,

Yes, I did use the vendors uninstall tool before loading Avast. I am now running a relatively new windows7 64bit pc and I can only reiterate that my problems started with programme updates to Avast version 7. I can only agree with andyMPCS that something is wrong with recent programme updates.
As ts1sds message infers, the silence from Avast tech support is deafening.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »
Hello craigb,

Yes, I did use the vendors uninstall tool before loading Avast. I am now running a relatively new windows7 64bit pc and I can only reiterate that my problems started with programme updates to Avast version 7. I can only agree with andyMPCS that something is wrong with recent programme updates.
As ts1sds message infers, the silence from Avast tech support is deafening.
I also have a relatively new I5 64 bit Dell computer and have no problems with avast!. Instead of blaming avast!, maybe we need to find out
why you have a problem and I and most other users of avast! have none.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

tilmur

« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2012, 04:31:17 PM »
Hi,

we've just released service program update of avast! Free AV / Pro AV / Internet Security (7.0.1456)

This release includes fixes of problems you reported to us:
* Fixed memory leak in aswMon2 driver
* Fixed problem with random opening of the SafeZone
* Fixed SSL connection issues with SMTP
* Fixed blocking of Internet access
* Fixed missing "Additional protection" tab
* Fixed crashes in Outlook
* Fixed some BSODs

Sorry for any inconvenience with previous version.

thanks,
Pavel

I've updated to this version and avast! continues blocking my browser (Firefox 13.0.1), the only way I could acces to Internet is stopping the "Web Shield".
I have Windows XP, but in another computer with the same avast! version and XP, the Internet acces isn't blocked...

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2012, 04:37:43 PM »
Hi,

we've just released service program update of avast! Free AV / Pro AV / Internet Security (7.0.1456)

This release includes fixes of problems you reported to us:
* Fixed memory leak in aswMon2 driver
* Fixed problem with random opening of the SafeZone
* Fixed SSL connection issues with SMTP
* Fixed blocking of Internet access
* Fixed missing "Additional protection" tab
* Fixed crashes in Outlook
* Fixed some BSODs

Sorry for any inconvenience with previous version.

thanks,
Pavel

I've updated to this version and avast! continues blocking my browser (Firefox 13.0.1), the only way I could acces to Internet is stopping the "Web Shield".
I have Windows XP, but in another computer with the same avast! version and XP, the Internet acces isn't blocked...
This sounds like a problem with a blocking of the "Webshield" in your firewall. I suggest that you reset all rules for avast! in your firewall and after a reboot,
allow you firewall to again detect avast! at which point you should allow avast!
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

dermot1949

« Reply #233 on: July 11, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »
Hi, I to have updated my avast to version 7.0.1456 today on my xp pc now it won't do anything (I am typing this on my vista pc) all I get is a blank background screen, through task manager I can do a manual start of explorer and my desktop comes up but no programs will run, help please. Barry.

Laudon1228

« Reply #234 on: July 11, 2012, 05:11:16 PM »
Ever since update, the items I had in my task bar have disappeared, and my computer won't log out all the way on its own.

dermot1949

« Reply #235 on: July 11, 2012, 06:11:49 PM »

Hi, follow the instructions from tech on page 15 post 233, the worked for me. Barry.

ys_hasan

« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2012, 07:18:03 PM »
Regretfully, I have uninstalled AVAST! 7.0.1456 from my main computer due to consuming all the memory for scanning a large exe. file needed for my research (8 gig). This file used to open smoothly under version 1426. I know AVAST! is to blame because MSE does no problems regarding to this file.
The same problem occurs in my laptop but I prefer to wait for a better version.
Sorry, AVAST! team, this antivirus is the BEST but I don't like my computer behaving like a car in need for a horse to drag it.

Main computer: vista 32 bit, 2 gig ram
Secondary computer: 7 64 bit 4 gig ram

Offline Geoffo

« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2012, 11:21:07 PM »
Instead of blaming avast!, maybe we need to find out why you have a problem and I and most other users of avast! have none.

Quite interested to know how you come to this conclusion when this is the 15th page of complaints & there are countless others on the main forum? Perhaps you know of some users that don't have problems, but you can't surely know that most users don't? 
Win7, Chrome, Avast MBAM, SUS,

Dch48

« Reply #238 on: July 12, 2012, 01:26:58 AM »
I too thought that if it was a problem with Avast then every single user must have the same problem!..wrong...it is Avast but for what ever reason it isn't affecting every single user.  I've been repairing computers long enough though to realise that there could be 1 in a million reasons for this but it is possible.  The computer isn't mine, but one I built and look after, the windows firewall IS in default state and hasn't been TINKERED with!  To suggest that only people who know what there doing are the ones having problems because they must have tinkered with their PC is ridiculous.
  I never said or meant that at all. When I said tinker I meant far more than just with the Windows firewall. What I meant was that many "advanced" users go in and change settings for services, edit registry items, block connections for parts of the OS and even their security software, install myriads of utilities, tweaking apps, and sandboxes and other things that the ordinary user will never think of doing and in my opinion are largely unnecessary. It has been my observation that many times, these same people are the ones experiencing the most problems. Software, for the most part, is written to work with your OS in it's default setup and configuration and developers can not account for what some people may have done to their machines.

I never said that nobody else ever has problems, we all know that there are some bugs that crop up that truly are universal. I still maintain though that if there really was a conflict with the Windows Firewall that there would be far more complaints than what we have seen. It is a given fact that these problems are happening to a small minority of Avast users.

Nesivos

« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2012, 01:37:20 AM »
1.  I have tried all of the 8 steps suggested by Tech! Several times!  You can see from my post I have!

2. And Dch48, I too thought that if it was a problem with Avast then every single user must have the same problem!..wrong...it is Avast but for what ever reason it isn't affecting every single user.  I've been repairing computers long enough though to realise that there could be 1 in a million reasons for this but it is possible.  The computer isn't mine, but one I built and look after, the windows firewall IS in default state and hasn't been TINKERED with!  To suggest that only people who know what there doing are the ones having problems because they must have tinkered with their PC is ridiculous. 

Once again if you read my post you will see that everything works just fine (with avast) prior to updating to the recent version, so it has to be a problem with avast that only occurs in certain circumstances.

The customer reported the problem to me and said everything was fine until an Avast update came down, the reported problem was a blank screen with mouse cursor after logon!  Then the desktop eventually came back but with the problems I mentioned before.  I have tried EVERYTHING possible on this PC without completely wiping it and re-installing everything.  Every time and every stage of everything I've done as soon as THE LATEST Avast is removed everything works just fine.  Or as I've discovered disabling the windows firewall also makes everything work fine.  There is something wrong somewhere between avast and the firewall/network side of things.  You only have to look on the forum to see how many people are having problems with these latest updates.

Even my own PC, Win7-64-bit, default firewall never messed with it was acting up around the time these new updates came out, on every re-boot I got the Avast box saying the update had completed click finish, I did but still got the box back on the next re-boot.  Then there was another update (probably most recent version) and now that's stopped happening but on the first re-boot my PC stalled for ages after logon and acted very strange for a good while before it seemed to come right.  I knew it was something to do with avast but as it came right and has been ever since I didn't bother about it. C'Mon Avast figure it out!  I'm a long time user and recommend Avast to all my customers don't let me down!!

Did you try restoring "Last Known Good Gonfiguration"  I found I had to use it more than I liked when I used W7 X64.  It is not generally well known but Windows 7 has a tendency to get weird after after numerous updates to it.  That was one the main reasons I switched to W8-DP now W8-RP.   I found W8 from W8-DP to be more reliable and more solid than W7 SP1 x64.  Just my experience. 

P.S.  I don't use Metro.  In fact my login goes directly to the desktop and I did not tweak the system.