Author Topic: Service program update 7.0.1456  (Read 267039 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Service program update 7.0.1456
« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2012, 06:11:39 PM »
Avast caused major problems with MS Outlook 2007
One major issue is the avast! plugin with MS outlook, even with the plugin disabled my problems were not solved at all.
They're working on it. Not a schedule for the release yet.
The best things in life are free.

happy avast user

« Reply #256 on: July 12, 2012, 06:57:05 PM »
Avast caused major problems with MS Outlook 2007
One major issue is the avast! plugin with MS outlook, even with the plugin disabled my problems were not solved at all.
They're working on it. Not a schedule for the release yet.
  Thanks Tech :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2012, 10:18:29 PM »
The best things in life are free.

Offline Cyberpunk

• Man is virus.
« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2012, 10:56:36 PM »

You want to make sure Avast is installed first, then OA second.  Make sure your exclusions are in place in Avast before you install OA.  Remember the 2 reboots for OA and add your exclusions.

As for Chrome installation with Avast, you can do a Custom Install and there are 2 boxes in the lower left corner to untick so you do not have to install Chrome (or anything else you do not want).  Also reboot after you install Avast.

Go back into OA and make sure nothing is blocked in OA from Avast.

Unfortunately with Free version of anything, you do get ads.  You may want to consider OA Premium, which I use and no conflicts with Avast, but Free version shouldn't give you conflicts either.  BTW, the OA uninstaller > Start > OA > drop down or pull-out menu > uninstall OA...or go into Safe Mode and Uninstall this way.

There was a new version of Flash that came out 2 days ago.  Remember to uninstall all previous versions prior to installing the new one(s); Flash has it's own uninstaller tool.  Reboot after uninstall; reboot after each install.

Let us know if you have any questions.

@ SafeSurf

Tnx again for sticking with me, but I'm afraid it's just no use. This is what I've done:

- boot in Safe Mode
- use aswclear.exe to uninstall avast (.1426), chose the option avast! 7 Free/Pro/Internet Security
- reboot in Safe Mode and delete folder C:\Program Files\AVAST Software
- uninstall OA Free using its uninstall tool
- reboot (Normal Mode)
- download avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe and Custom Install (uncheck: Chrome, Mail Shield, P2P Shield, Components)
- add exclusions - C:\Program Files (x86)\Online Armor\* -in Settings/File System Shield/Behavior Shield
- reboot
- test Flash in Fx (no problems at this point)
- download and install AO Free (this is 5.5.0.1557 instead of .1616) - I chose the limited freeware version (which only has Standard Mode)
- OA Safety Check Wizard runs and I trust every program step by step
- reboot
- OA Learning Mode kicks in (and there's no option to reboot after it's done)
- reboot
- open Fx and...

... it hangs yet again.  >:(

I appreciate your help, but I'm pretty fed up with (un)installing avast/AO for days now. I must have (un)installed almost 20 times during the last few days. And today, when I tried to downgrade back to .1426, all of a sudden, Fx freezed and I almost threw my computer out the window.  :o I uninstalled avast and OA Free again and now .1426 runs fine.

As for the ads, I think we can all agree that avast! has become Adware. In the beginning (Home Edition), it would suffice if you registered and gave your name and an e-mailaddress. Now you get window after window to install Chrome, to remind you of avast for Android (yes, it's free), then Register or Upgrade now and then try Internet Security for FREE. There's even a pop-up window for avast! Pro if you download the (free) EXE.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:03:42 PM by Cyberpunk »
--
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 - avast! Free Antivirus 12.2.2276

Nesivos

« Reply #259 on: July 13, 2012, 02:41:58 AM »
P.S.  I don't use Metro.  In fact my login goes directly to the desktop and I did not tweak the system.
Since that isn't the default startup, you had to do some tweaking or, you would default to the metro desktop.

I also don't start with the metro desktop but, I've posted the utility I use to accomplish that.

I didn't do any tweaking. My guess is that W8 learns your login preference and acts accordingly.  There is good reason to think this because W8 on restart brings you back to the last user before the restart.  So  if login in as x, switch to user y and then restart W8 will restart to user y login.

Nesivos

« Reply #260 on: July 13, 2012, 02:46:37 AM »
PROBLEM WITH INTERNET BLOCKING BY AVAST is not solve!!!
Why you don't want fix it??????
It problem exist about 1 year.
On my PC about 4 month.

Probably not relevant but there is a lot of "upstream" blocking going on on the internet.  It could be that your provider is funneling your internet connection through a provider that blocks the website(s) that you are now not able to access.  This is now happening all over the world and unfortunately with increasing frequency.

tbessie

« Reply #261 on: July 13, 2012, 04:09:56 AM »
Repair avast!:
1. Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs -> avast!
2. Click on 'Repair'.
3. Follow instructions.
4. Reboot.

Ok, through the usual Windows installer - got it. Thanks!

- Tim

Well, it didn't do anything.  There's just the usual "Change/Remove" button there, and when I click on it, nothing happens.

The Windows logs contain no record of any error or warning at that point, either.

So... it still looks broken.

... and now I can't remove it, even if I wanted to.  Hmmm... yes, very broken.

- Tim

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #262 on: July 13, 2012, 06:34:18 AM »
Well, it didn't do anything.  There's just the usual "Change/Remove" button there, and when I click on it, nothing happens.

The Windows logs contain no record of any error or warning at that point, either.

- Tim

1. Download avast! Pro Antivirus: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup.exe
2. Follow instructions: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed avast! versions..!!)
3. Reinstall avast! with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

tbessie

« Reply #263 on: July 13, 2012, 09:59:52 AM »

- Tim

1. Download avast! Pro Antivirus: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup.exe
2. Follow instructions: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed avast! versions..!!)
3. Reinstall avast! with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.

I hate having to do a full clean/reboot/reinstall/reboot, but I'm at least glad that cleaner worked well.

There were still some remnants of Avast/Alwil in the registry, which I cleaned out by hand, before reinstalling.

It seems to be working now, thanks for your suggestions.

Do you know *why* this happens when you update like this?  Any Avast developers know why?  I'm a software developer myself, so I'm curious.

- Tim

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2012, 10:11:31 AM »
It seems to be working now, thanks for your suggestions.

You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

kcurrie65

« Reply #265 on: July 13, 2012, 03:23:20 PM »
Hi I use avast on my desktop PC and on my laptop, my laptop updated the programme with out any issue at all, how ever my desktop PC is having no end of problems, I am on 7.0.1426 just now it wants me to update to 7.0.1456 and I download and restart as requested, windows starts up etc as it should and at the point when it should show my desktop the monitor just goes black! you can see the mouse cursor and move  it about and that's all no matter how long you leave it! the only way to recover from this is control alt delete and do a system restore. I am running win 7 32 bit 4GB ram well fast proc and oodles of hard drive and used avast for years and this is the first time ever that I have had an issue with an update please help

Kev

thereyet

« Reply #266 on: July 13, 2012, 04:17:17 PM »
I have just completed a fresh install of version 7.0.1456 after using the cleanup tool to remove the previous version, which was the only one exisiting on my PC.  All went well and completed the install, however after rebooting I was unable to access internet, outlook, or open any other programs.  The only solution for me was to go to safe mode and restore to the older version.

This is completely frustrating as obviously from the forum there have been problems experienced by others with this release and yet it is obviously not fixed yet.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #267 on: July 13, 2012, 06:30:11 PM »
What programs in particular (a few examples) weren't you able to open?

Offline AlphaZab

• bali!
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2012, 12:18:43 AM »
I prefer the version 7.0.1451 why?
I did a test with some malware smapel in version 7.0.1451
and his result removed all virus by avast 7.0.1451
I test it tomorrow with a version of avast 7.0.1456 with the same sample avast unable to remove the virus
cupu

VandenBerg

« Reply #269 on: July 14, 2012, 01:16:15 AM »
As for the ads, I think we can all agree that avast! has become Adware. In the beginning (Home Edition), it would suffice if you registered and gave your name and an e-mailaddress. Now you get window after window to install Chrome, to remind you of avast for Android (yes, it's free), then Register or Upgrade now and then try Internet Security for FREE. There's even a pop-up window for avast! Pro if you download the (free) EXE.

@ puturaya20, I think I agree with Cyberpunk. Avast is Adware. It cannot even remove a virus. It was OK until 1451 for me. Hope they fix it in 4 weeks from now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:24:09 AM by VandenBerg »