Author Topic: Service program update 7.0.1456  (Read 267040 times)

thereyet

Re: Service program update 7.0.1456
« Reply #270 on: July 14, 2012, 05:15:59 AM »
Igor

I was not able to open IExpl, Outlook, close Skype....

Therefore I restored to version 6, then downloaded C++ 2010 and made sure I had 2005 and 2008.  Then did complete removal of Avast older version and reloaded from website download 7.0.1456.  It worked fine so i went into outlook and disabled Avast Antispam addin.  then rebooted according to instructions and once it rebooted everything looked ok but could not open or close any program that I tried.  Please understand this, your problem is not related to a particular other program, it is more fundamental than that....

Now I am back to the previous version again.  I am involved in developing programs and releasing to end users and I know there are gliches that occur  and are only found by extensive use but this is a major 'doozy' guys so please fix asap.

true indian

« Reply #271 on: July 14, 2012, 05:20:42 AM »
It cannot even remove a virus. It was OK until 1451 for me. Hope they fix it in 4 weeks from now.

What do u mean?? avast can remove a malware  ;)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #272 on: July 14, 2012, 10:52:15 AM »
OK, I guess I should have asked differently...
What exactly does it mean you "couldn't open any program"? You started it and nothing happened, no window appeared etc.? Or an error message appeared? Was the process visible in Task Manager?
What does it mean you "couldn't close any program" - especially when you couldn't start it in the first place?
Thanks.

thereyet

« Reply #273 on: July 14, 2012, 01:07:32 PM »
Igor

Skype opens on startup, however attempting to close it results in the application attempting to close down (view 'circling' for a couple of seconds) then it hangs and it can be viewed in task manager as not responding.

Opening programs also results in the exe activating but it wont open a sub screen and hangs after a few seconds (havent checked whether it appears in task manager).

Are you able to replicate this behaviour in the lab?  Do you have any data on the approximate percentage of new users that have this problem?  Is it related to the mail server?  Can you give me some feedback on where the developers suspect the problem lies?  I want to qualify that I have recommended Avast to a lot of people and that recommendation has been well justified in the past. 

VandenBerg

« Reply #274 on: July 14, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »
@ Igor. In my case XP pro SP3, after 1456 had installed and I had rebooted per the installers request, Internet Explorer 8 could not start.
It did an attempt (the wait icon) but then nothing happened. Other apps did start such as FF 13.0.1. I could even surf! But:
- Control Panels, Add-Remove programms: no installed programms show up. List was empty.
- LAN icon in system tray had disappeared and probably the Speaker Icon.
- Control Panels, Network Connections: no installed connections show up. List was empty.

Previous versions (1451 I assume) had no problem.

Both a W7/64 system and and a Vista system here at home, have no problems with the upgrade to 1456.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #275 on: July 14, 2012, 08:14:17 PM »
Avast caused major problems with MS Outlook 2007
One major issue is the avast! plugin with MS outlook, even with the plugin disabled my problems were not solved at all.
They're working on it. Not a schedule for the release yet.

Re formatted HD. Reinstalled AIS 7.1456
All working right except however the Outlook Plugin for 2003 on XP.
Looking forward to update. :)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #276 on: July 15, 2012, 10:21:27 PM »
Skype opens on startup, however attempting to close it results in the application attempting to close down (view 'circling' for a couple of seconds) then it hangs and it can be viewed in task manager as not responding.

Opening programs also results in the exe activating but it wont open a sub screen and hangs after a few seconds (havent checked whether it appears in task manager).

Are you able to replicate this behaviour in the lab?  Do you have any data on the approximate percentage of new users that have this problem?  Is it related to the mail server?  Can you give me some feedback on where the developers suspect the problem lies?  I want to qualify that I have recommended Avast to a lot of people and that recommendation has been well justified in the past.

I haven't checked with the QA guys yet, weekend isn't the best time for that - but I am rather sure they didn't see anything like that on their machines. If they saw that programs like IE were impossible to open or close, they'd certainly report it.

My guess is that it's some kind of kernel-level deadlock... but something rather specific, possibly a conflict with some other installed driver.
I'm afraid we'd need a full system dump (description for systems with PS/2 keyboard is here: https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=71) taken at the moment when the problem is just happening (i.e. when IE has been started but isn't appearing, or Skype was closed but got stuck).

Zen11t

« Reply #277 on: July 15, 2012, 11:01:56 PM »
I found 2 little bugs.

I made a new custom scan, I just want to scan my computer after rootkits.

1. the scan bar not moving, it's just show 0%.

2. and it's show that it's scan 1 folder, but it's not true, because I scanned my all hard disk.

(see picture)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #278 on: July 15, 2012, 11:06:27 PM »
That's nothing new I'm afraid - there never was any progress for rootkit scans.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #279 on: July 16, 2012, 01:44:54 AM »
One major issue is the avast! plugin with MS outlook, even with the plugin disabled my problems were not solved at all.

Have been looking and was wondering if any other XP SP3 users are effected with "No Outlook2003 Plug-in" for AIS 7?? :-\
Confirmation Please :)

Offline CPoiares

« Reply #280 on: July 16, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »

Have been looking and was wondering if any other XP SP3 users are effected with "No Outlook2003 Plug-in" for AIS 7?? :-\
Confirmation Please :)
Yes, it happen with me.
Running Windows XP SP3
Outlook 2003, the anti-spam bar dissapear and i'm unable to classify as spam or not spam some emails i get.
Avast, should have already solved this issue.

Luddite

« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2012, 06:25:31 PM »
New to this forum and as my username suggests, I know very little about computers apart from how to use one (I'm 65).  I've had poroblems since this update, my computer runs so slow it's almost unuseable.  I've tried disabling the 'behaviour shield' and this certainly helps but now I'm worried about what may happen if I leave it disabled - what does this Behaviour Shield do?  And what can happen if I leave it disabled?

I'd be grateful for any advice that doesn't suggest doing anything complicated!

Cryogenic

« Reply #282 on: July 16, 2012, 07:52:47 PM »
Thanks for this update.

A bit of a complaint, the last update crashed 2 of our company computers and the response to my help desk ticket was very irritating. It basically said we are too busy to help you, and offered two vague suggestions. If you would have sent a link to this exact thread it would have been satisfying.

We almost had to drop out subscriptions to avast pro because of that. (I'm sure someone got chewed out big time for that release!)  Glad its all worked out.

ACTUAL

« Reply #283 on: July 17, 2012, 12:06:18 AM »
Glad to hear there will be an update, myself and other players of Battlefield 3 have to disable AVAST to successfully launch BF3 through Origin. This issue rest squarely on the last update to avast.

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #284 on: July 17, 2012, 01:26:12 AM »
New to this forum and as my username suggests, I know very little about computers apart from how to use one (I'm 65).  I've had poroblems since this update, my computer runs so slow it's almost unuseable.  I've tried disabling the 'behaviour shield' and this certainly helps but now I'm worried about what may happen if I leave it disabled - what does this Behaviour Shield do?  And what can happen if I leave it disabled?

I'd be grateful for any advice that doesn't suggest doing anything complicated!
Hello Luddite, welcome to the forums. :)

Behavior Shield's purposes are to block malwares which other shield cannot detect, and to provide information to other shields to analyze files.
Disabling it could lower your protection a bit, but basic function of avast works without Behavior Shield, so you're still protected from most malwares.

And, please start a new topic if you have other problems; this thread is already too long.
You can start a new topic from here, or from the upper "NEW TOPIC" button.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。