Author Topic: Scan taking over 20 hours and still not complete.  (Read 3373 times)

hikeswiss

Scan taking over 20 hours and still not complete.
« on: July 05, 2012, 10:26:43 PM »
I downloaded the Avasti Free Mac last night and began scanning my MacBookPro running OSX 10.6.8  I also had my OWC Mercury Elite AL Pro back-up drive attached for use with TimeMachine and Avasti apparently scanned that as well. This morning the scan was still running after 22 hrs so I finally stopped it.

Questions:

1. Is 22 hrs for both drive considered excessive and should I have let it continue to run?

2. When I did stop it (prior to scan completing) I had 47 warning messages re the OWC Mercuryi. I don't know what to do with them. I tried selecting and applying the repair function but got a message that it was unable to repair. What does one do with these warning messages? (See below)

Failed to repair /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MediaKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MKDrivers.bundle/Contents/Resources/bootroot.loader file.

Offline Jan Gahura

• Avast team
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Scan taking over 20 hours and still not complete.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:24:28 AM »
Hi,

Warnings usually mean that the avast! couldn't scan a file. It doesn't mean that there's a problem or even a malware on your Mac. How much data do you have on those drives? It's certainly possible to scan for 22hrs. It depends on various conditions.

Regards,
Jan