Author Topic: Battlefield 3 and AVAST another issue  (Read 2337 times)

ACTUAL

Battlefield 3 and AVAST another issue
« on: July 07, 2012, 03:12:46 AM »
With the new PROGRAM update(7.0.1456) I am unable to launch Battlefield 3 through Origin. Once I disable all of the AVAST shields I can launch Battlefield 3 fine. This is the third issue in recent months that AVAST conflicted with Battlefield(Granted one of those issues was the Punkbuster false positive).

Just to note I have tried to exclude Battlefield and Origin(EA Games Steam clone) to no avail.

Dch48

Re: Battlefield 3 and AVAST another issue
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 05:08:26 AM »
Did you purchase and install the game through Origin? I just had a problem with the only game I have in Origin, Need For Speed, Hot Pursuit. The Avast firewall kept giving me prompts for a file called EACoreServer.exe. This kept happening even after a rule was present to allow all connections.  Then I remembered I had not installed the game through Origin and only got Origin afterwards and added the game to it.  I decided to delete the rule and create one manually that was set to auto-decide for all connections. The newly created rule was not placed in the Electronic Arts group but interestingly enough in the group for Valve where another rule for Steam already existed.  I fired up Origin and launched the game and it modified the rule in the Valve group but also created another identical one in the EA group. Both rules wound up allowing all connections and now I get no further connection notices from the Avast firewall. I'll add that before creating the rule in Valve the notices kept occurring even with the firewall set to auto-decide and an auto-decide rule in the EA group which was very strange to say the least. It was like the file was not being recognized by Avast correctly at all. Now the firewall is back to the Ask setting and everything is fine.

ACTUAL

Re: Battlefield 3 and AVAST another issue
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 06:06:59 AM »
I have had it since it came out, all issues that propped up including the current one had nothing to do with end user error. I am also currently using the FREE AVAST (have not had the chance to renew), so no firewall issue.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:19:34 PM by ACTUAL »