Author Topic: Slow bootup time problem is back in 1456  (Read 24486 times)

gillest

Re: Slow bootup time problem is back in 1456
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 01:45:27 PM »
Slow boot up for me since I upgraded (Gui) to latest version. Other functionality working OK. Please note in that I refuse to do a clean install has I have done this so many times in the past as it seems the only way to resolve problems with Avast. I am tired of Avast updates not working properly from the start and If I uninstall Avast again this time it will be to go to a competitor. Hopefully the folks at Avast will come out with a solution quickly.

drummerman

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »
Hi

Have you tried what I did? (See separate thread of today)

Not sure if this is a universal solution ... I doubt it ... but it worked for me. Fast booting now.

marziano_mork

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 05:50:29 PM »
Slow boot up for me since I upgraded (Gui) to latest version. Other functionality working OK. Please note in that I refuse to do a clean install has I have done this so many times in the past as it seems the only way to resolve problems with Avast. I am tired of Avast updates not working properly from the start and If I uninstall Avast again this time it will be to go to a competitor. Hopefully the folks at Avast will come out with a solution quickly.

Try disabling 'reputation services' and let me know  ;)

Offline 1tb

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2012, 03:26:25 AM »

Have to agree with you. What other product can you name that requires this everytime there is an update:
1. Uninstall- Reboot
2. Boot into Safe-mode-
3. Run aswclear.exe.
4. Reboot back into Normal mode
5. Reinstall product- Reboot
6. Reconfigure all exclusions, customizations (how long does this take??)
7. Cross your fingers and hope the next update doesn't do one of the following virus like things!
 a. Slow down boot times
 b. Block your internet or email
 c. BSOD your pc for no particular reason.
 d. Kill your performance during normal operation (firewall buggy- slow- unoptimized)
 e. Lose its license details
 f.  Scan right when you need to work- killing your pc performance.
 g. Anything else I missed?

Jeez a virus or malware could waste as much time as avast does lately.  I would like to underline your comment: If I uninstall Avast again this time it will be to go to a competitor. Hopefully the folks at Avast will come out with a solution quickly.

Oh and I forgot to mention- this is for the Paid versions!  :(

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:28:53 AM by 1tb »

Almir

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2012, 10:54:57 AM »
Yes...agree with you..Really pain process...Avast team fix problem with streaming updates from last version but that fix now produce other problem in this version (slow boot)...I dont't know...but only try to disable cloud services for some time till new stable version...I installed avast on top of my fresh installation of win7 (so there is none of other software that can couse conflict...also this is my only AV-i disabled before installation even Windows Defender) and there was still slow boot problem..I resolve my problem like i describe in later post but seem that it just work for me. No slow boot now...Also I'm comp technician and I installed avast on some other machines with Win7-32bit and there was still boot problem  :( Hope that new version will be stable  :-\

Offline 1tb

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2012, 04:26:43 PM »
..also this is my only AV-i disabled before installation even Windows Defender) and there was still slow boot problem.. :-\

Never understood why it is necessary to disable the stock Windows Defender installed by default with every Win 7 OS. If avast can't/won't with Defender, then the installation should NOT proceed without warning you or requesting to disable it first.  ::)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2012, 06:10:30 PM »
..also this is my only AV-i disabled before installation even Windows Defender) and there was still slow boot problem.. :-\

Never understood why it is necessary to disable the stock Windows Defender installed by default with every Win 7 OS. If avast can't/won't with Defender, then the installation should NOT proceed without warning you or requesting to disable it first.  ::)
It isn't necessary but it's duplication since avast! already does that for you.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Almir

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2012, 09:36:39 AM »
Yap it isn't necessary...they play nice together...but if you choose in avast option to scan PUP-s than it's duplicatation...also WD never catch anything in 4 years..on other hand avast never let me down in terms of protection..i only scan my pc with malwarebytes and emsisoft emergency kit from time to time (and also they don't catch anything)  ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:39:10 AM by Almir »