Author Topic: Revised 16 July...AV-comparatives test[March-June]...avast! is doing really well  (Read 6961 times)

true indian

so...we are doing really well..since gdata,fsecure,bullguard use 2 engines they are higher than us...

otherwise it would be:

1.Bitdefender
2.Kaspersky
3.Avast!

http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/docs/avc_prot_2012a_en.pdf

We got degraded to 1 star because we had more false alarms [which isnt true at all in my sense of use] we were pretty much on top in detection and protection!!!  8)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:02:38 PM by true indian »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
so...we are doing really well..since gdata,fsecure,bullguard use 2 engines they are higher than us...
and what 2 engines is that ?

true indian

and what 2 engines is that ?

I mean gdata: Bitdefender and avast

fsecure: AVG and one more engine i cant remember  ::)

Bullguard: i guess bitdefender  ::)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Bullguard and F-Secure use one engine........ Bitdefender   ;)

true indian

Bullguard and F-Secure use one engine........ Bitdefender   ;)

wonder why they fall behind bitdefender then??

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Differences in heuristics and proactive technologies.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:06:37 AM by Charyb »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
My "real world" experiences  AAA+++++++++  8)
Infection free for over two years.  8) 8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Harikrishnan

My "real world" experiences  AAA+++++++++  8)
Infection free for over two years.  8) 8)

100% agree with you Para-Noid...never had a problem for about 2 years...test results are not the ultimate word....

true indian

100% agree with you Para-Noid...never had a problem for about 2 years...test results are not the ultimate word....

Too true to say yes  ;D

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
I think the user dependent part doesn't apply anymore since Auto Sandbox now works seamlessly unless you set it to Ask yourself. Meaning, by default, user has no power of decision, meaning the protection is exactly what it is all together. Maybe a tiny fraction of Low Reputation warnings. And even that is now automatically sent to Auto Sandbox with a low reputation as reason for sandboxing...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I don't know if that is correct if AV-comparatives had it set to Auto then surely there wouldn't be any User dependant percentage.

As I mentioned before in other such topics, what is meant by user dependant should be made clear in the methodology of the tests. That way a user could decide to have those set.

I guess this may relate to PUPs and or Archives, that aren't scanned for by default, but that is a guess as there is nothing defining what user dependant means.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:33:29 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Nesivos

No matter how good avast! is users would be well advised to keep all their software up to date, keep their computer disks clean of junk and practice safe surfing and email reading.

Offline Lyon :))

WoW , Bitdefender as always the best  :D

But avast is much better for me :) I love it  :-*

LoL :P  ;D

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:03:49 PM by Lyon275 »