Author Topic: Somewhere over the Rainbow Audio Virus?????  (Read 18665 times)

artscott

Re: Somewhere over the Rainbow Audio Virus?????
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 03:21:31 AM »
TDSS KILLER REPORT -

artscott

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 02:56:35 PM »
Dobry den ...

I was listening too this little ditty as I posted the above TDSS report file....but I have not heard it since 7-12-2012 at 1PM Central Daylight time (US) .......

Dekuju.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 03:24:10 PM »
Could you post the combofix log please and let me know of any remaining problems

artscott

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »
Was just getting into some David Koller music on Spotify ....and Damn it came back ..... or probably never gone....on my way to appointment i will try to find combpo fix log....when I ran TDSS it only showed one log posted above and the OTL only gave 1 notepad log  posted a few above also.... Sorry... but will look thru when I return in a few hours....

Dekuju!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 03:59:42 PM by artscott »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 04:06:20 PM »
It should be at C:\combofix txt...  If not could you re-run Combofix for me please

This is not an MBR infection so I think I will need to double check your BHO's

artscott

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 09:29:10 PM »
I am such an idiot....I keep stopping at the end of each thing I had to run, not reading the whole dang post you made...my stupidity...here is the combofix log:
Mockrát děkuji!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 10:10:11 PM »
Do you still have the music...  Does it start when you run any specific programme

artscott

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 01:49:16 AM »
right now ... 6:41pm it is not playing......and as far as it coming on with particular program....no...it came on with some Spotify Music or my own wav files (all my CD's were converted to wav, not MP3 ... ... now I need HDD space and need to reconvert to MP3.....) of music or even when watching a DVD movie or if I was trying to do my Foreign Language lessons or on the net......

If it comes back I will let you know....i figure if it is gone for the next 72 hours then I am clean....ot it has some sort of built in calendar or clock... ... ... because when i first heard it it was constant 24hrs a day and that was when I realized that Avast was not showing on my tool bar, then when I got avast back on it was not connected to any account (weird casue I knew I had registered it and found my key code), then it became intermittent as I said previously, I thought it was gone as it had not shown up for over 24 hrs...then it was back as I was really getting in some David Korell ... So I am hoping it is gone for good....

Mockrát děkuji!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 01:20:09 PM »
I wonder if there is a problem within spotify ?

Never used it myself so I could not be sure... But it does seem to be the one consistent area

Any way lets see how it goes

artscott

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 03:11:58 PM »
Dobry den!!

So far all is quiet.......which is great....truly appreciate all the kind help.......I know it can be hard when helping someone like me .....that is computer technically challenged.

Mockrát děkuji!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 04:00:31 PM »
Lets run for one more day to be sure, then if you are happy I will remove my tools ;D

artscott

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 05:20:47 PM »
Well I was all excited...there had been no sign of that damn song ....was ready to give an all clear.....I have no idea where it is or came from or how it hides.....I went thru all of my email accounts and purged everything ..... I closed all 250 of my tabs in FireFox......I have no clue....this thing starts playing when I am in Photoshop or Lightroom......so I have no idea....I am aobut read to do a HDD format.

Thank You EVERYONE for all the help.....

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 05:35:01 PM »
So it just re-appeared ?  This does not really make sense... It's not part of a programme is it .. Photoshop, lightroom ?

artscott

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 09:38:07 PM »
no it is not part of any of my programs....if it were it would be causing one heck of a buzz on those forums.....i agree it does not make sense.....well as I said Thanks for all of your help... as I said I guess I will just have to do a HDD format and start loading all software from ground up again....

THANX AGAIN.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »
OH well, I have just found another o these over at Geeks to Go.  So I will be playing with that one now to try and find a solution