Author Topic: printing to PDF from SafeZone  (Read 4155 times)

cek333

printing to PDF from SafeZone
« on: July 09, 2012, 09:36:10 PM »
I purchased Interent Security 7 today but it seems the print from SafeZone is not functional (for me). It doesn't seem to be site dependent; if I go to the google.com home page and then try to print I get the following message "The selected printer is not available or not installed correctly. Check your printer or try selecting another printer." My default 'printer' is actually primoPdf; it works fine outside of safezone. I tried the workaround suggested here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76679.msg771768#msg771768, but it didn't help. I next tried changing the default printer to Microsoft XPS Document Writer (which comes with Windows 7), but that didn't help either. I'm actually not interested in using a 'printer' at all; just the nifty "Save as PDF" feature from Chrome (which is accessible from the Print menu). Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks.

cek333

Re: printing to PDF from SafeZone
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:57:41 PM »
Just wanted to add one more thing I tried ... to add a "regular" printer driver ....
From the Windows 7 Control Panel, Devices and Printers page, I did "Add a printer" > Add a local printer > Use an existing port (LPT1:) > Epson PX-V500(M) (randomly chosen from list of printers). I set this new printer as the default printer. I then rebooted. However, I still get the same error (as my post above).

Nesivos

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 12:13:48 AM »
see this link

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=98102.0

I don't use Safezone so don't know if the problem has been fixed.

cek333

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 04:07:47 AM »
I may have seen that post earlier today when I was searching for a solution. It links to the "Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests" topic where pk suggests the problem should have been fixed. I originally posted my question under that topic. I didn't pay attention to the dates though; Lateral's post was made after pk suggested the problem was fixed. I'll ask Lateral if he found any workarounds.

Nesivos

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 04:42:44 AM »
I may have seen that post earlier today when I was searching for a solution. It links to the "Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests" topic where pk suggests the problem should have been fixed. I originally posted my question under that topic. I didn't pay attention to the dates though; Lateral's post was made after pk suggested the problem was fixed. I'll ask Lateral if he found any workarounds.

Huh?
pk suggests the problem should have been fixed.

pk suggested the problem was fixed.

How did you get from the first quote to the second quote?   Was there something in between that you didn't post?

Thanks

cek333

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 04:49:01 AM »
My bad ... I should have used the same wording in both cases ... but it's probably best to include a link to the source: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76679.msg775103#msg775103