Author Topic: Newest avast update is blocking internet access.  (Read 21297 times)

SafeSurf

Re: Newest avast update is blocking internet access.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »
Using Avast free and Comodo firewall free from years on a XP machine.
The other questions the OP will have to answer.

Parduz

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 01:04:38 PM »
@Parduz:
- Which avast! Free version..??
Yes. Free version, updated to the last.
- Which XP..?? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP..?)
XP32 Pro SP3, updated to the last.
- Other security related software installed..??
None
- Which version of Comodo and which modules are running..??
Comodo Free update to the last, only the firewall is running.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 01:08:53 PM »
Sometime (3-4 times in a day) i can't access anymore certain sites (not all: some are still reachable).

Do you get any error msg..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Parduz

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 02:13:54 PM »
Nothing.
no report/messages.... nothing.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »
Nothing.
no report/messages.... nothing.

Please post an example of these "certain sites".
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

bratpack

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »
I have Windows XP.

Was able to go online and access sites until Avast performed its latest update early this morning - Thurs Aug 02, 2012.

* Outlook Express still worked and I was able to send and receive email but unable to go to sites.

Note:  Some of my emails were stripped of content by Avast which stated the email had a virus (wasn't true because I receive the very same daily emails in 3 different email accts - all from different sites!)

Had to be away from the pc for awhile, hence working on this over 5 hrs after the prob began.

Since I noticed that things changed after the Avast update, I ended up having to do a System Restore and restored my pc to Yesterday's date which removed the new Avast update that was causing the issue.

ALSO, after the System Restore & Before attempting to go online, I made sure to Un-Tick the box in Avast to keep it from automatically updating with the current definition!!  (Click on Settings - top right, then Click on Updates -  on  Left)

Lo and behold, after the system restore, I'm back online and able to access sites again which is why I decided that I had better warn others about this!

Late this evening or sometime tomorrow I will allow Avast to update and am hoping that they fix the current issue asap!

Had this happen once before about 1 1/2 - 2 yrs ago due to a bad update.

Love Avast but like other software companies, sometimes updates get to us before being thoroughly checked out  (Microsoft is the worst in that regard!!)

andhraking17

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 12:06:48 AM »
I'm using windows 8 pro now. I also have the same problem, avast is blocking my internet access through all types of connections. Can anyone help me please.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 12:30:51 AM »
I'm using windows 8 pro now. I also have the same problem, avast is blocking my internet access through all types of connections. Can anyone help me please.
Please, do not post twice the same https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=108170.msg858168#msg858168
Just double the help effort.
The best things in life are free.