Author Topic: Connection timeout  (Read 6256 times)

yy

Connection timeout
« on: January 05, 2005, 02:13:13 AM »
What should I do, keep getting the avast: connection timeout. Internet connection timeout elapsed. Continue waiting? (explorer.exe. 65.75.178.210.25. What is this ? what should I do? can't send email out after installing and cleaning out the viruses, but I think it have infected my memory.

Please help!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Connection timeout
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 02:20:28 AM »
What should I do, keep getting the avast: connection timeout. Internet connection timeout elapsed. Continue waiting? (explorer.exe. 65.75.178.210.25. What is this ? what should I do? can't send email out after installing and cleaning out the viruses, but I think it have infected my memory.

Welcome to avast  8)

1) Cleaning instructions: http://members.home.nl/edeijl/
    Either, try the 'Cleaning' link on my signature.

2) Try to increase the timeouts both into avast and your email account properties.
The best things in life are free.

carywinton

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 11:59:10 PM »
How do you increase the connection timeout in Avast home version? I too am experiencing this problem.  ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 12:47:22 AM »
If you are experiencing exactly the same problem, explorer.exe (which I doubt) then I suggest that you ignore the increasing the timeout in avast or your email program and concentrate on the real problem, why explorer.exe is trying to send something over the SMTP email port.

To me that is extremely suspicious and usually an indication of a process working without your knowledge trying to connect to the internet. So the cleaning link Tech gave you should be your first concern.

Also useful as a diagnostic tool - Download HiJackThis.zip - HJT Information HiJackThis Tutorial 1 or HiJackThis Tutorial 2
For an on-line analysis - HiJackThis Log file - On-line Analysis
Ignore any 023 reference to avast processes, this is a hiccup in the HJT 1.99.1 (especially missing file entry for avast), if you need any help with any of the analysis let us know.
OR HiJackThis Log file - On-line Analysis 2
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 08:16:07 PM »
How do you increase the connection timeout in Avast home version? I too am experiencing this problem.  ???
First, look David's answers.
But particulary to increase timeout connection
avast! timeout: Internet Mail provider > Customize > Advanced (tab)
your email account timeout: generally, right click the email account, choose properties and the Advanced tab of settings.
The best things in life are free.