Author Topic: Paid for Pro Upgrade but still getting pop-up on start-up saying about to expire  (Read 2747 times)

Jet

When I open Avast Pro it shows my subscription is good until Feb. 2014 as I just upgraded.  However on startup I get a popup message saying my Avast Pro is about to expire  and I need to renew!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
control panel / ad remove programs / avast / uninstall / repair option.... wait two minutes and reboot

any change ?

Jet

I did as you suggested Pondus, and at the end got an "Installation Failed" message, but after that there was still a screen saying I needed to reboot to save the changes made.  Rebooted and still get the popup saying my Avast is expiring in one day.  I will mention that I also have Avast Free edition installed on this laptop, I don't know if that is interfering.  The popup screen specifically says Avast Pro is expiring.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
try a new clean install....

remove with this.... run from safe mode  http://www.avast.com/en-no/uninstall-utility

then install again, and reboot

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
When I open Avast Pro it shows my subscription is good until Feb. 2014 as I just upgraded.  However on startup I get a popup message saying my Avast Pro is about to expire  and I need to renew!

Have you actually checked your system date, year/month/day (adjust as required) ?

If that is wrong, e.g. a year in advance it will have this impact on the time left on a license.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Jet

Pondus's clean install solution worked, thank you.