Author Topic: Safezone browser problems  (Read 7084 times)

kjjw

Safezone browser problems
« on: July 10, 2012, 10:40:03 PM »
I am using Avast Pro version 7.0.1356 on Windows XP Pro SP3 and I can't get SafeZone to work. It will switch over to SafeZone but the browser will not open. I don't get any error messages. It just sits there like it's waiting. I have reset Safezone settings, uninstalled Avast with the uninstall utility, installed Avast again, ran the repair feature, checked my firewall settings and they are fine, nothing has worked. The only way the browser will open is to click on run and go to the Safebrowser.exe file and start it manually. If this is my only option, is this way just as safe as running it from within Avast? I do my banking with SafeZone and I don't want to take any chances. It has been working in the past and has just started this since it updated recently. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:43:07 PM by kjjw »

tccin3d

Re: Safezone browser problems
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 12:33:31 AM »
Chrome is not working for me as well , but it says : snaps something went wrong.. I use kubuntu live cd for payments since safe zone is unreliable - sometimes works sometimes not. Kubuntu live cd boot up creates everything in ram - when you reboot everyhting is deleted. and its Linux!

tccin3d

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 01:33:59 AM »
Chrome is not working for me as well , but it says : snaps something went wrong.. I use kubuntu live cd for payments since safe zone is unreliable - sometimes works sometimes not. Kubuntu live cd boot up creates everything in ram - when you reboot everyhting is deleted. and its Linux!

O.K. works for me: find the google chrome user folder: for me it is on windows - my docs/ local settings/ app data and rename Google chrome folder to "name"+backup like "Google chrome backup" or just delete it.

kjjw

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 02:41:46 PM »

So safezone is just acting normal then? I haven't used it enough to learn this is common sometimes. I have Online Armor with Banking Mode but now it doesn't work not only with myself but for many others I have learned. I liked the idea of having Safezone as something to fall back on if I needed it. I normally use a Livecd but occasionally, if I only have one bill to pay at a time, I just hate the thoughts of having to reboot this system for 1 bill. That's when I use Safezone instead. Is there another alternative out there similar to this?

tccin3d

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 03:03:53 PM »
It' the user profile in Chrome that gets corrupted so if you delete it everything works fine. (I can not guarantee this but for me safe zone works fine now.) Also you can get linux inside windows. I used Lili to set up bootable usb stick with kubuntu. I can boot to Linux during startup or during windows session - just like safe zone.

kjjw

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 03:14:50 PM »
Ok, I tried all of the suggestions mentioned above but, it still wouldn't work. It would just sit there. I put it on hold, obviously, for a while and, this week, when they came out with version 7.0.1466, I uninstalled with aswclear and then installed the new version. But, it made no difference. It still just sits there as I mentioned above and will not work. But, if it click on run and go to the file manually, it will open up then. All of this started when they did the version 7 update. Until then, it worked as it should. Any more suggestions out there?

Offline Cast

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 06:30:52 PM »
I didnt ever get any help with my problems with safezone, I finally just gave up on it and waited till my subscription expired.

Here is one of my posts about my issue with safezone.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:46:46 PM by Cast »

kjjw

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 02:18:58 PM »
Thank you for confirming my suspicions. I was thinking that it must be a bug or poor support but didn't know which. It looks like I will be doing the same as you. I'm not paying for a product that doesn't work as it's suppose to and the problem isn't on my end and isn't fixed. Oh well.... Thanks again.

stonewolfblue

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 01:12:17 PM »
when trying to use my safezone browser in Windows 7, I keep getting an error message that it has reached an "Exception Breakpoint" and will not start Google Chrome.  Anyone know how I should deal with this?

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 06:35:52 PM »
when trying to use my safezone browser in Windows 7, I keep getting an error message that it has reached an "Exception Breakpoint" and will not start Google Chrome.  Anyone know how I should deal with this?

reset the SafeZone

https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1185