Author Topic: Deployment update TIP 4.8/6 to 7  (Read 4621 times)

wpn

Deployment update TIP 4.8/6 to 7
« on: July 11, 2012, 11:56:55 AM »
I am in the way to replace al my 4.8 clients and the SBC 6 clients to the new 7 client with the EAS console.

What i noticed is that when the AVAST SELF DEFENSE MODULE is active (in the 4.8 and 6 client) my deployment from the console fails.
The failure stated is that there is an ACCESS DENIED notification like in using the wrong user name.

I turned off the self defense module from both old clients versions and did a deployment from the console again. This deployment is now succesful

So if you are deploying over old versions, make sure you turn of the self defense module first.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Deployment update TIP 4.8/6 to 7
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »
Excellent idea, thanks!
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

matthew_abelardo

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 05:11:21 AM »
a better alternative would be to boot into safe mode and run the avast! uninstall utility (http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility) to uninstall previous versions of avast. after that, you could proceed with installing the new avast! version.

djulien

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »
a better alternative would be to boot into safe mode and run the avast! uninstall utility (http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility) to uninstall previous versions of avast. after that, you could proceed with installing the new avast! version.

Hum not a good solution if you've got 400 clients on 10 sub networks geographicly fare ;)

I've no problème for updating v4.8 clients to v7 clients from the AEA console without desactivating the self defence module

matthew_abelardo

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 04:23:14 AM »

Hum not a good solution if you've got 400 clients on 10 sub networks geographicly fare ;)

I've no problème for updating v4.8 clients to v7 clients from the AEA console without desactivating the self defence module
my bad. i agree that that wouldn't be good if you've got that much clients which are also geographically apart. ;D

wpn

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »
@matthew   yes that would be the most IDEAL situation if you have time and oppertunity for it. ;)
better would be that the installation detects the old version, runs the uninstall tool and reboot and starts the installation then 

@mfrs   strange so far i have had this with all the clients i tested (about 15) with selfdefense on it fails (several attempts on the same machine too), without it runs perfect directly
Its probably still worth for the Avast team to look into this for i believe there are still (bigger) companies that run the 4.x and 6.x client that want/need to upgrade to 7