Author Topic: Window Vista crush/Blue screen after installation of latest avast!7  (Read 8432 times)

Neoalpha

Hi,

I'm facing the similar problem like others (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=101132.0)  that after installing the latest avast, there is problem of window keep restarting and not able to go into the login screen.

the worse thing is i cant even start in safe mode. could anyone advise me how can I solve the issue?

PS: I couldn't boot with recovery CD too.

ASUS laptop : intel duo T8100, 3GB RAM

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Window Vista crush/Blue screen after installation of latest avast!7
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »
I'm trying to guess what is happening, but avast! shouldn't be messing anything with Safe Mode and even less with the recovery CD!
Is there any other antivirus in this machine?
The best things in life are free.

robroy73

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 02:49:22 PM »
Hi,

I'm facing the similar problem like others (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=101132.0)  that after installing the latest avast, there is problem of window keep restarting and not able to go into the login screen.

the worse thing is i cant even start in safe mode. could anyone advise me how can I solve the issue?

PS: I couldn't boot with recovery CD too.

ASUS laptop : intel duo T8100, 3GB RAM

Concerning the boot disc.. have you verified in your BIOS that the CD or DVD Drive you are using is set above the hard drive in the boot order?   I hate to act like a typical a$$ on this as I've gotten responses like this before, but if what I just said has gone over your head, I recommend taking it to someone thats computer savvy.

Neoalpha

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 10:47:36 AM »
I'm trying to guess what is happening, but avast! shouldn't be messing anything with Safe Mode and even less with the recovery CD!

besides the one from MS window. No. Im tr4ying to remove the hard disk and do a scan on another computer now to see if there is any problem and also backing up my data and going to do a recovery format and see if everything goes fine... :(

Neoalpha

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:49:47 AM »

Concerning the boot disc.. have you verified in your BIOS that the CD or DVD Drive you are using is set above the hard drive in the boot order?   I hate to act like a typical a$$ on this as I've gotten responses like this before, but if what I just said has gone over your head, I recommend taking it to someone thats computer savvy.

I have set CD/DVD Drive as first choice follow by usb and removed the harddisk option still cant work. so i guess im just gonna try to format it once back up is done. and reinstall the AVAST! to see if there is still the same problem occur.

SafeSurf

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 11:07:40 AM »
Even if it was a trial version.  If you had one, how did you remove it?

Neoalpha

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 11:31:49 AM »
Even if it was a trial version.  If you had one, how did you remove it?

the last anti virus i used was sophos but it should be removed as i reformat the entire laptop last month. I changed to avast and upgraded since then.

SafeSurf

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 11:35:47 AM »
OK...so I'm guessing now that Avast is not the issue.  It's something to do with your machine causing you not to be able to get into Safe Mode.

Neoalpha

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 12:46:26 PM »
im not sure but yes it could be one of the possibilities.

i guess what i will do is as mentioned earlier to reformat after backup then install avast again and see if the problem occur again... 

Neoalpha

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »
Hi,

after i run a reinstall, recovery and try to install everything back...7.0.1456 will cause my pc crush when i restart...no matter the window update in completed or not, nor complete remove of software (when it is reformatTed it should be clean before everything is been install right?) nor adjust of setting (avast setting or window as per instruction told on other post with similar problem). my problem do not solve and I HAVE FORMATTED 3 TIMES ALREADY TO KEEP MY SYSTEM BACK TO WORK! I even had error message telling me the root file is having problem when I just completed a window update in clean PC environment and can't run the OS again when I restart.

Im very disappointed as I only paid for reliable and trustworthy software but not a software that causing problems. I understand that u guys out there is working hard and trying to figure out the problem but sorry I would like to request for refund and I'm moving on to the other software for the meanwhile. 

There are millions of users out there, I guess you wouldn really care about one user leaving but I cant wait any longer with non-functional pc causing by Avast or try to risk myself with virus/trojan by leaving my pc without anti-virus.

I hope Avast team all the best and good luck.

Best regards,
Neoalpha

SafeSurf

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 10:59:44 AM »
So that the problem can be fixed, please submit a minidump file:

Here is additional information on how to invoke a memory dump file:  http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=71.

Please, zip and upload the C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file to this anonymous ftp server and name it uniquely giving us the name of the file in this thread: ftp.avast.com/incoming.  Avast will analyze it and respond back to you in this thread.

In the meantime, you can use the previous version of Avast, which I presume gave you no problems:
1. Save a copy of Avast and save it to your HDD:
Avast 7.0.1426:
Avast Free AV: http://www.oldapps.com/avast_antivirus.php?old_avast=7370
2. Download the Avast Uninstall Utility http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility and save it to your HDD or desktop. 
3. Disconnect from the Internet at this time.
4. Go into Safe Mode (hit F8 repeatedly) and run the Avast Uninstall Tool. Uninstall ALL previous versions and products of Avast you had on this machine and reboot in between each uninstall if not already done by your reformatting your machine. 
6. Reboot.
7. Install the newest version of Avast and reboot.
8. Get Internet access and register your copy or add the license key for Free, Pro, or AIS online.
    Free – http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php
9. Update the Avast definitions.

Let us know if this helps temporarily while Avast looks at your minidump file.  Thank you.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 12:29:10 PM »
If the bluescreen appears itself, there's no need to invoke it manually.
Do you have any files in C:\Windows\Minidump folder? If yes, can you upload them to the mentioned FTP?
Thanks.

sheila53a

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 02:19:27 AM »
I too have a Blue screen on my computor after installing the latest update. I have shut down ,rebooted, and unplugged completely PLEASE tell me what am I to do. I am not happy when this Avast causes me to lose access and to cost me more $ than initailly told.Must have a solution out there ?

SafeSurf

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 11:46:50 AM »
@ sheila53a,

Can you please start your own thread as this will only create confusion with the current OP as we are still trouble-shooting with this person.  We will help you in your new thread (you can cut and paste your post from this thread).  Thank you very much.

keane9206

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 03:51:34 AM »
did you schedule a boot time scan??