Author Topic: I need help!!  (Read 1897 times)

Batman286

I need help!!
« on: July 13, 2012, 04:47:57 PM »
I have a slight problem… I know that it may not be a really big thing, but I just like things to work the way that it is supposed to..  Ok, here it is.  When I check the windows security center, it shows that under malware protection virus protection is not found.  I have AVAST Pro installed.  I had even been running AVAST Free version and it showed up then.. But, I installed MSE by mistake. When I noticed that I had I removed it..  When I check the summary of AVAST Pro, it shows me that my system id fully protected.. everything is fine.. hummm  BUT Windows Security center  still says that windows did not find antivirus software on this computer. Ok I should note that I have a laptop computer that also runs AVAST PRO, but I have never installed MSE on . It shows that my system is fully protected.. So, what gives?  How do I fix this problem???  Do I have to remove AVP and reinstall it? How will this affect my license?  Any help would be greatly appreciated..
       Batman286

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: I need help!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 04:54:39 PM »
You should be able to uninstall and reinstall it, might pay to run the MSE removal tool while your at it http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9748340

Did you save your email that avast sent you with the license file ?