Author Topic: Migrate avast server SOA from BPP  (Read 3133 times)

dtobs

Migrate avast server SOA from BPP
« on: October 11, 2012, 10:05:03 AM »
Hi,
i would like to ask how to migrate my licensed avast BPP server to a new avast SOA trial server including all connected client and database.
could this be done using same lic since its basically same product.
i need to migrate my avast to a new server since the old one starting to give me some issues.
i already installed SOA into new server but my managed client still refer/connected to old server.
tried change one of my avast client EPSP settings>troubleshooting>avast administration console to point to new server but still not connected.
please help provide me with step by step details since tried to search documentation but no luck so far.. :'(

Thanks and regards,
Daniel

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Migrate avast server SOA from BPP
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 05:26:45 PM »
Simplest way is to just run the deployment task and choose fore reinstall in the settings and it will deploy the new clients and settings to point to your new server. If you had installed SOA on the same server it would not be necessary to redeploy
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

dtobs

Re: Migrate avast server SOA from BPP
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 04:46:56 AM »
Simplest way is to just run the deployment task and choose fore reinstall in the settings and it will deploy the new clients and settings to point to your new server. If you had installed SOA on the same server it would not be necessary to redeploy

Thanks for ur reply Mac.. :)
Ya i jut got bad experience with BPP unattend deploy to win 7,it often got BSOD.
if its manual install to my 200 workstation will definitely requires some time.. :'(
so i was thinking(if its could be done) to make a configuration changes to the server side instead of the client.

For the license could i use the old license by insert the old lic file to my new server?
or is there any way that i could transfer my license?
from my old server using BPP to my new server using trial EPSP?