Author Topic: Avast latest version still double sounding updating green popup in windows xp  (Read 140942 times)

bobo1

Hi.
Green popup box avast virus database has been updated still sounding twice on latest version and was not doing this on last avast program version in windows xp sp3 and fully patched.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I've asked the programmers.
The best things in life are free.

iroc9555

I've asked the programmers.

@ Tech.

My XP sounds like if it tries to do it, but not quite. Its dong dong, or ding ding, what ever the sound is written, does not sound right. It is like cut off at the end and then it tries to sound again but doesn't. The female voice sound OK BTW.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
For me it's working. If the programmers don't answer it is most probably that they can't reproduce bobo1's problem.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
For me it's working. If the programmers don't answer it is most probably that they can't reproduce bobo1's problem.

Well, we've an ongoing thread in the German section. (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=100459.0)
It seems to be only affecting W2K/XP systems and it has been reported to the devs already. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Thanks Asyn for the crosslink info.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Thanks Asyn for the crosslink info.

NP Tech.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
I've certainly heard that double audio message when the Green Popup pops up after a Definitions Update.
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

bobo1

I am going to experiment with avast on my other test computer and and re load xp in default conditions fresh install without updates and try this version of avast again with internet connection and see what happens if it is still buggy on the sound? (unless it is related to a windows update that is causing it). FOR DIAGNOSTICS.
Will post a reply soon if still the same in a few hours as i am on the test computer now. Will be destroying the hard drive image when i go offline and re-load xp
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:55:20 PM by bobo1 »

Offline idleracer

Count me in as another XP user who has been experiencing this for two or three weeks now.  :o

bobo1

Can confirm on my test computer. Fresh install of avast latest version, default install of windows xp UNPATCHED . Is doing double sounding green popup box for virus database is updated.

Reset xp to default again and installed older version of avast and the sound is ok. IE sounds once on green virus update popup box on the older version
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:25:03 PM by bobo1 »

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Count me in as another XP user who has been experiencing this for two or three weeks now.  :o

And another.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline bruce_b

Mine does it as well. XP Pro with SP3 and all other updates. It was fine before the update to 1456
Dell Dimension 8200 P4 1.8Ghz Windows XP PRO SP3
Avast Free Antivirus 18.8.2356
Toshiba Satellite C855-S5347 Celeron B830 1.8Ghz
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version 1909 Build 18363.900
Avast Free Antivirus 20.4.2410 Build 20.4.5312.578

mariadelbosque

'Avast Virus Database has been Updated...........................Avast Virus Database has been Updated' - Doing it to me too. All a bit Groundhog Day. My system seems to have slowed down somewhat whilst using the Internet as well.

mariadelbosque

I'm using XP Pro with SP3 and all other updates too. Mine was also fine before the update to 1456.

...irksome!