Author Topic: Avast latest version still double sounding updating green popup in windows xp  (Read 140944 times)

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Hi mariadelbosque,

I may or may not have this issue as well.  Truth is, I cannot hear very well, well, deaf, actually, without the use of aided devices.  So, I really do not know.

BUT, I know of one trick I use when I do not want to hear something on my system or someone else nearby.  I either turn the sound down, or remove my personal devices.

Until Avast! devs come up with a fix for this here, that would be the workaround I would use; as when Avast! automatically updates on a cold start-up, first connect, and then around four hours later (if using the free version), the same.  At all other times, the system sound would remain on.  As I do not use AIS, I cannot say how frequent the a/v updates are for that.

Manually updating the vps yourself will also prevent the *ding* *ding* from sounding as well.

No need to get aggravated unnecessarily here.   I am sorry it is stressing you and other users out, but until then...
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Diddy

HI I have Windows Vista and the other day I noticed that yes in fact that even before the light green pop up would even appear the female voice would say your defs are up to date but then the female voice would come back on and say your defs have been updated then the pop up would come up then.

It has not done it since then though but just thought I should mention it though.

Thanks have a great week

kbart

Avast IS is doing it with both my XP computers Home edition and Pro. Seems slower could there be two prgrams running?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
...could there be two prgrams running?

No, as said in your other topic, it's just a glitch.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Ozzie321

> No, as said in your other topic, it's just a glitch.

So it's a glitch that's being ignored? I, too, get the double message and finally had some spare time to look around the Forum til I found this thread. (I was searching on the word "twice" and should have searched on "double")

While telling us "it's just a glitch", you haven't answered the question, "Is it running twice?". If it's just running the announcement twice, but other code only once, is there anything to be concerned about?

Lewis Carroll tells us "What I say three times is true", but this only says it twice.  :-)

-       Ozzie

JMC66

I have this double message too, OS is "XP SP3".

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Don't know ???
Just updated, one voice, two dings :-\
Just thought I'd mention it.  ;) :D

iroc9555

I had the double " ding ", but this morning Avast! did the annouce twice; " Ding " Avast! virus data base has been updtaed. Then the VPS popped up and again the female voice announced that Avast! was updated.

I am sending a full dump generated by Avast! to Avast! FTB servers named " Double voice_VD_Updated_1247_100418679.zip "

Hope it helps.

speckledbird

Just for reporting, my Win xp is getting the double ding too.   My Dell desktop(updated).  I can sure live with it until the glitch is fixed.  have a good day.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
I just got the voice update announcement twice today.  On the second announcement, only then did the popup show up.  This was on first powering up today, and today is the first time I've had the double announcement.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I had never had it until the 120724-0 virus definitions update (didn't notice a dual pop-up notification either though), not something that I was too bothered with though. Got it on my win XP Pro system but not on my win7 netbook.

For those that are experiencing this is it happening on every auto update ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bobo1

Hi,
Yes on every auto update, i have disabled avast sounds for now until this is fixed.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
Today I met this bug twice on my Vista. First you can here only the voice announcement, then in a pair of seconds you can hear the announcement again but now it is accompanied with the green pop-up.
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Today I met this bug twice on my Vista. First you can here only the voice announcement, then in a pair of seconds you can hear the announcement again but now it is accompanied with the green pop-up.

Duplicated here also, when updating automatically to 120724-1.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

scottish

For me it's working. If the programmers don't answer it is most probably that they can't reproduce bobo1's problem.

Well, we've an ongoing thread in the German section. (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=100459.0)
It seems to be only affecting W2K/XP systems and it has been reported to the devs already. ;)
Having the same problem since update two - three weeks ago