Author Topic: Avast latest version still double sounding updating green popup in windows xp  (Read 141353 times)

dsunde

Yes double popups for me as well for the past 3-4 days but I see no one has given a solution?
Yet  :D  Patience is a virtue we should all acquire.  :)
It will be a lot easier to be patient once the issue is acknowledged and they say they are looking into it.

chatrancito1

Hello ,Im having same problem in my two machines , one uses winxp pro and the other Vista Home

bobo1

I think only cure is avast developers to compare codeing in the last older build of avast and compare it with the latest version on the sound popup alert source codes that trigger it to sound & show? and try a new beta build. Any news of a new beta testing?

mariadelbosque

Anyone remember when Princess Di was killed, and everybody was waiting for some kind of response from the queen?  ;)

VFN

Been happening to me too for at least the last day or so. Vista Home Premium x64

kd5

Windows XP SP3, Avast v7.0.1456, been getting the double verbal notification (single Update Popup on the 2nd verbal notification) for the last couple of days.  Noticed it on a Win2kPro laptop first, a couple of days ago, thought it was a glitch with the laptop until I noticed it on my main computer yesterday. 

Apparently this has been going on for a couple of weeks without a resolution?       -kd5-

Edit: 2,341 views of this thread (and counting), I guess I'm not the only concerned user.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:16:10 PM by kd5 »

happysurf

I confirm the problem in the last three days on 5 pc with XP, win7 32 and 64 bit.  :(

Offline Lyon :))

Same here .Every day :-\

Win 7 64bit

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Help is on the way:  https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=avast_antivirus  Found on Avast! Update Virus Definition page.

Issue started here on vps 7/24/12-0. 
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
<snip>
Edit: 2,341 views of this thread (and counting), I guess I'm not the only concerned user.

Views are nothing as people who have posted, will be following it generating view. I still haven't seen/heard it on my win7 netbook. Even on my XP Pro system I barely notice it, I'm sure that in due course it will be resolved.

The problem is the inconsistency of it when trying to fault find, initially it was only those with XP that were reporting this, but now it is on a wider spread of OSes, but not effecting everyone or the forums would be seeing a much greater activity level.

Help is on the way:  https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=avast_antivirus  Found on Avast! Update Virus Definition page.

There are others reporting this from as far back as 6 July 2012 update.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
My Vista laptop just gave two update messages.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army

it would be nice if someone from Avast would respond to THIS thread.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Davy

Had a few updates recently and still get repeats, so maybe we'll have to wait awhile as already been said.

Could be Avast amount of parrots trapped inside the programming ;D ;D ;D  ??

Davy

kevbeck

Same problem but on Windows 7 - 64-bit. AIS

plknicely

I have windows 7 and two laptops and a desktop and they are all double sounding...and the green pop up comes up only after the second sound.......doing this on all computers!