Author Topic: Avast latest version still double sounding updating green popup in windows xp  (Read 140929 times)

Offline MotherDawg

• MotherDawg
  • If you do not have a solution to the OP, go away!
Gentlemen... you're both welcome.

It's not a question of ME, it's a question of things not moving, of stagnation.
That you're picking on the ME part is laughable because I seriously "doubt" we would have had any news from Avast if I had not written my piece:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=102154.0

I can't resist... since you did pick:
You 2 are supposed to have Avast wings on your backs, please do answer this question; since the thread did have more than 130 replies, why weren't you guys able to get Avast attention and have them post an official response ?

Hoh, almost forgot the ammo !
From « Reply #135 on: July 27, 2012, 11:53:29 PM »
I will agree with you that a word from Avast on this topic would have prevented a lot of posts.

From « Reply #154 on: Yesterday at 08:04:11 PM »
This issue has been tracked by Avast team for "weeks" and is being addressed...

Personally, If the outfit I'm pushing made me look like clown that much...

And I'm still waiting for the CS or PR books citations.

--
MotherDawg
I do RPMs
I own crappy boxes
GNU/Linux 3.4.6-2.fc17.i686

*** Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -- Albert Einstein
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:21:12 AM by MotherDawg »
NOW HEAR THIS !
I don't want any Free Loading Avast Evangelists, with 40-80 thousand posts, to answer on anything here as none of you actually work for Avast Software S.R.O... and seriously, who wants an answer from lifeless zombies that know nothing and have no power to have anything changed... you can only forward issues.
On the other hand, I welcome posts from normal users that do have possible solutions.

GTX66

The silence from Avast speaks volumes about their customer support and the fact that they will not fix a flawed product because it is not that bad of a problem. It only annoys a few million users. You people just amaze me with your arrogance.

true indian

New update popup from yesterday along with that double sounds... :o

Yes,I do use pirate voice  ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 07:02:59 AM by true indian »

j.s.cottrell

I have had the same issue even though I'm running Win 7 Prof. Has anyone else had this problem on Win 7? When is the fix coming out, it is a little annoying.

zalazeel

I have this problem too didn't care for it, but now its getting annoying  :P

Avast Internet Security on WIN 7 64Bit

true indian

avast team has said that it will be fixed in next program update version in another thread..so please keep calm  ;)

mdm97

I am too getting double dings afterr updating to ver. 7.0.1456!

Offline bstock

Me too, I have a Windows 7 laptop and a Windows XP desktop and it repeats the audio and pop up on both.
No solution yet??
Acer Aspire 5742Z / Pentium P6100 2GHz / 4GB Ram / 500GB HDD / Windows 7 Home Premium / Avast!Internet Security 7.0.1456 / SUPER AntiSpyware Professional / Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free /Firefox 14.0.1/ IE9 / Mozilla Thunderbird 14.1 / TrueCrypt

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
No solution yet??
Guys, please stop endlessly posting here. You are not adding any valuable information. The solution of the glitch will come with the next program update.
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Guys, please stop endlessly posting here. You are not adding any valuable information. The solution of the glitch will come with the next program update.

+1
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Jahojo

My XP machine has the double ding while the Win 7 machine has both the double ding and the double voice.

Not a critical issue for me, most of the time I keep my sound turned off anyway, but it does make one wonder if there is more to the bug than just the sound issue.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
May the FOSS be with you!

trailblazer

I was getting the double notification when updating [double pop up and sound]

Just auto updated a few minutes ago. I didn't get a pop up at all. [don't know about the sound as my speakers were switched off]

true indian

The latest update notification was normal for me  :)

Diddy

HI I am having  the same issue as well yesterday when avast free updated I got the womens voice saying that my defintions had been updated and then she said it again the second time and the green pop up came up on the second womens voice saying the samething

my operating system is: Windows Vista 32 bit

Thanks