Author Topic: Custom admin.ini  (Read 18376 times)

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
Re: Custom admin.ini
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 12:30:05 PM »
Under the COMPUTER CATALOG you have to make a group.
Then rightclick on that group and click properties
click on the option COMMUNICATION
the first option is EAS ADDRESS, the control is greyed out, RIGHT click the field thats greyed out and click on DEFINE VALUE.
The field becomes editable now and you can put in the address that you want.
It is said that you can use a DNS name, but if you know the IP on the outside then this could be used to
I think he is referring to ASOA, not AEA. ASOA does not have this feature unfortunately.

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 12:33:35 PM »
the first option is EAS ADDRESS, the control is greyed out, RIGHT click the field thats greyed out and click on DEFINE VALUE.
It is said that you can use a DNS name, but if you know the IP on the outside then this could be used to
This feature was on AEA, can't do this in SOA
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit + avast Premium 11.1.2241
Network tools: Wireshark+CACE Pilot | Android Softphone + Grandstream UCM61xx | MI4i | Running Out of Time (1999)

HomeNet

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
Correct, I'm using SOA.  We used to run ADNM here and I'm beginning to wonder if I should be running AEA in lieu of SOA.  While I like the simple web-GUI of SOA, it seems to be lacking the feature(s) I need.  If this cannot be done with SOA, can I install AEA over top of the current setup and "migrate" the data over easily?  I merely curious at this point.  Frankly, I'm not too entrenched in SOA so I could tear it down and start over if need be.

HomeNet

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 07:24:47 PM »

Ok, WPN, I've ripped out SOA and replaced it with AEA.  I have my groups and I'm trying to get them set up so that the local PCs use the LAN address and the remote guys use the WAN address.  I think I've found the spot but I wanted to verify that with you or anyone else who uses this feature.

In AEA, I went to Installation packages and have created two new packages.  The one for local was pretty straight forward, I think.  Most of the defaults were used.  The one for my remote users is the one I have questions on.  On the dialog box where I chose avast! Endpoint Protection, there was an Edit button next to it.  That dialog gave me a mess of check boxes at the bottom and an EAS Server address box up top.  On the local package's dialog, I chose Detect and it showed the local address.  However, for the remote package's dialog, I manually typed out the WAN address I want my remote clients to use.  Is this the place I specify this address??

HomeNet

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 08:39:50 PM »
I'm having more issues now.  I think I'll start a new threat as this one is getting off topic from the original question.

wpn

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 12:06:16 AM »
i create my packages with the standard settings and all the shields that I choose to have, not manually editing any ini files.

i then setup the groups as mentioned in my other post where you then can specify the update server.