Author Topic: How to stop ...POP Up Virus messages  (Read 1263 times)

Offline proudmimi1

• Personal Message (Offline)
How to stop ...POP Up Virus messages
« on: July 13, 2012, 03:23:06 PM »
Hi, Can someone please tell me if I can stop viewing the pop up virus messages and still have virus protection running??? It is getting out of hand...It has only been doing this for a week or so. I want them to still run and catch them but...I dont need to see everyone it catches....

thanks for all your help
Mic :)

Online DavidR

• avast! √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
    • Personal Message (Online)
Re: How to stop ...POP Up Virus messages
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »
What is the text of the alert window or post (attach) a screenshot of the alert window ?
You could have a hidden piece of malware and avast is preventing it downloading more.
Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ avast! free 2014 9.0.2018/ Outpost Firewall Pro9.1/ Firefox 28.0, NoScript, RequestPolicy/ MailWasher Pro/ DropMyRights/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium 2.0.1/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security

Offline proudmimi1

• Personal Message (Offline)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 03:37:38 PM »
It says, trojan, rootkit, it says I dont have to do anything...the protection has captured it....

Online DavidR

• avast! √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
    • Personal Message (Online)
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 04:42:30 PM »
The more important information is the file name and location, the malware name isn't that useful.

Is it the same file being repeatedly detected ?
If not can you also give some common examples, file name (style) and folder, etc.
Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ avast! free 2014 9.0.2018/ Outpost Firewall Pro9.1/ Firefox 28.0, NoScript, RequestPolicy/ MailWasher Pro/ DropMyRights/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium 2.0.1/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security

Google Chrome

AVAST recommends using the FREE Google Chrome™ browser.

Download Google Chrome Now