Author Topic: How do I remove all the Google sh** from my registry?  (Read 18237 times)

Offline Rekrul

How do I remove all the Google sh** from my registry?
« on: July 14, 2012, 06:24:06 PM »
I admit it, I screwed up. When I installed Avast, (actually when I re-installed it, due to a mistake on my part), I neglected to uncheck the stupid Google malware options. My firewall blocked the installer from actually downloading that Chrome crap, but it still managed to install Google Update, which I just discovered has been running ever since.

I killed the process, disabled the services and deleted the Google directory.

Then I checked my registry, only to find it infected with dozens of Google entries.

Since Avast bundled that crap with their program, it should be Avast's responsibility to fix this.

So, Avast, where do I find the removable tool that will safely remove all the Google sh** from my system's registry?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: How do I remove all the Google sh** from my registry?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
have you tried CCleaner ?.............. OBS remeber to untic the google install here also  ;)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Rekrul

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 06:55:32 PM »
Thank, but that page only removes a few registry entries related to Chrome, and I have probably hundreds, related to Google Update. Here's a sample;

Code: [Select]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.OnDemandCOMClassSvc]
@="Google Update Legacy On Demand"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.OnDemandCOMClassSvc\CLSID]
@="{9465B4B4-5216-4042-9A2C-754D3BCDC410}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.OnDemandCOMClassSvc\CurVer]
@="GoogleUpdate.OnDemandCOMClassSvc.1.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.OnDemandCOMClassSvc.1.0]
@="Google Update Legacy On Demand"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.OnDemandCOMClassSvc.1.0\CLSID]
@="{9465B4B4-5216-4042-9A2C-754D3BCDC410}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.ProcessLauncher]
@="Google Update Process Launcher Class"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.ProcessLauncher\CLSID]
@="{ABC01078-F197-4B0B-ADBC-CFE684B39C82}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.ProcessLauncher\CurVer]
@="GoogleUpdate.ProcessLauncher.1.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.ProcessLauncher.1.0]
@="Google Update Process Launcher Class"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.ProcessLauncher.1.0\CLSID]
@="{ABC01078-F197-4B0B-ADBC-CFE684B39C82}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.Update3COMClassMachine]
@="Update3COMClass"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.Update3COMClassMachine\CLSID]
@="{392AEC72-6F8C-4A0D-BF72-8EFDB0C23CAF}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.Update3COMClassMachine\CurVer]
@="GoogleUpdate.Update3COMClassMachine.1.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.Update3COMClassMachine.1.0]
@="Update3COMClass"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.Update3COMClassMachine.1.0\CLSID]
@="{392AEC72-6F8C-4A0D-BF72-8EFDB0C23CAF}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.Update3COMClassService]
@="Update3COMClass"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.Update3COMClassService\CLSID]
@="{4EB61BAC-A3B6-4760-9581-655041EF4D69}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.Update3COMClassService\CurVer]
@="GoogleUpdate.Update3COMClassService.1.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.Update3COMClassService.1.0]
@="Update3COMClass"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.Update3COMClassService.1.0\CLSID]
@="{4EB61BAC-A3B6-4760-9581-655041EF4D69}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.Update3WebMachine]
@="Google Update Broker Class Factory"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.Update3WebMachine\CLSID]
@="{8A1D4361-2C08-4700-A351-3EAA9CBFF5E4}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\GoogleUpdate.Update3WebMachine\CurVer]
@="GoogleUpdate.Update3WebMachine.1.0"

There are many, MANY more. I'm not sure what can safely be removed without screwing something up. Naturally, Google doesn't provide an uninstaller for their crap.

I don't see why I should have to jump through hoops to clean this sh** off my system. Even if I had given permission to install Chrome, Google Update would have still installed without my knowledge and without any way to get rid of it. That's the very definition of malware.

In other words, Avast installed malware on my system and I want it removed!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »
If you dont use anything on your system that is google then you can safely run a search in registry for google and delet.

Offline Rekrul

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 07:35:25 PM »
If you dont use anything on your system that is google

Nope, not a single piece of Google software on my system.

then you can safely run a search in registry for google and delet.

So just go through the registry and delete all of the 200-300 Google entries? That's not going to cause any problems?

What I mean is, I know that there are no programs that depend on those entries, but considering the way everything in Windows is intertwined with pretty much everything else, I want to make sure that deleting them isn't going to cause Windows to complain that it's missing some settings...

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 07:51:56 PM »
I will NEVER use anything related to Google if I can help it.  Google is trying to get their tentacles into everything everywhere they can.  My provider started using Google email servers instead of their own a few years back just as nearly every other provider has done (I found out after that) at that time probably because Google has offered such a deal for their services that the providers cannot refuse based on cost.  Just another way Google increases their often unwanted presence everywhere thy can because they can provide at lower costs what providers cannot on the basis of added advertising revenue for Google.  I suppose providing Google with Avast installs is probably lucrative for Avast as well.  Google readily admits within their user agreements they virtually "spy" whenever and where ever they can to provide what they call "better services" in their words.

Nope, NO CHROME for me.... Nope, NO GMAIL for me.... Google has already embedded themselves into my internet traffic without me helping them anymore than I have already by simply sticking with my provider who sold out to Google like the rest of them.
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Arnold72

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 07:54:48 PM »
I am using google chrome as we speak.Are you seriously telling me that i have spyware on my computer?
How is this so and how come millions of people use chrome.And what about comodo dragon browser?is that spyware also.?
Regards. 8)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 08:11:36 PM »
I will NEVER use anything related to Google if I can help it.  Google is trying to get their tentacles into everything everywhere they can.  My provider started using Google email servers instead of their own a few years back just as nearly every other provider has done (I found out after that) at that time probably because Google has offered such a deal for their services that the providers cannot refuse based on cost.  Just another way Google increases their often unwanted presence everywhere thy can because they can provide at lower costs what providers cannot on the basis of added advertising revenue for Google.  I suppose providing Google with Avast installs is probably lucrative for Avast as well.  Google readily admits within their user agreements they virtually "spy" whenever and where ever they can to provide what they call "better services" in their words.

Nope, NO CHROME for me.... Nope, NO GMAIL for me.... Google has already embedded themselves into my internet traffic without me helping them anymore than I have already by simply sticking with my provider who sold out to Google like the rest of them.
If you are concerned about Google tracking your web presence then guess what? So does Yahoo, MSN and AOL. They all do. I am not stating that what Google does is right or wrong it just exists. How do you think search engines target their advertising? It's by a users web usage. Aiming your anger at Google is just wrong. Have you ever "Googled" anything?
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 08:19:52 PM »
Thank, but that page only removes a few registry entries related to Chrome, and I have probably hundreds, related to Google Update.

You're welcome, now continue with Pondus' suggestion from: Reply #1.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 08:23:28 PM »
Hi to Arnold72 and  those that consider GoogleChrome a Google spytool,

Some consider this browser a data mining tool, but other browsers are also data mining tools to quite an extent, especially those associated with Google (firefox) and a long list of firms that earn on your clicks. This story is all grossly exaggerated from the days GoogleChrome was first being launched.
Trains would make the milk from cows dry up, remember?. I am not going to run in front of a train now with a red flag to prevent that, too dangerous also....so who are those to wave the red flags here?
In the days of iron, a more privacy neutral chrome variant these stories (myths) were spread to slander the Google webbrowser's profiling of user data (persistent cookies etc.-hidden webbugs). These days are gone now and in came a lot of extensions that can give you further control of what you share with google via this browser.
Script blocking, adware plus blocking through special subscription lists, blocking of cookies,  track blocking (Abine), webbug detection, iFrame detecion, malware script detector. etc. etc. I think Google Chrome is more tweakable as firefox is in that respect and I have run many a Fiddler session under it to analyze the traffic vice versa. Also special user scripts can be installed without Greasemonkey in one click. So in the hands of the security savvy the browser configuration can be made very secure in these respects indeed. Google Chrome also participates in Google Safebrowsing to block access to malicious behavior of sites.
I launch my GoogleChrome from ChromePrivacyGuard and empty the cache with Chrome Cache View. Another aspect of Chrome is that  this browser is fast.
Do not forget t fully scan the Google file location after a browser session has ended using avast, etc (MBAM, SAS)!

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 08:28:55 PM »
...I think Google Chrome is more tweakable as firefox is in that respect...

Well, not really, IMO. Anyway, that's all OT here... ;)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 08:38:05 PM »
Hi Asyn,

As with browsers as with Sauerkraut - there is no disputing over tastes

polonus
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:46:33 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 09:02:02 PM »

If you are concerned about Google tracking your web presence then guess what? So does Yahoo, MSN and AOL. They all do. I am not stating that what Google does is right or wrong it just exists. How do you think search engines target their advertising? It's by a users web usage. Aiming your anger at Google is just wrong. Have you ever "Googled" anything?

To answer your question: NO I try and avoid Google at all costs like I said so I do not search using Google. I know it's popular and the "in thing" to say just "google it" which we hear all the time, but for me I use BING and Yahoo in that order and NOT Google.

I won't even talk about AOL as they've always been a huge problem and have a very long history of being very difficult to remove from a system once a user gets involved with AOL.

As to the others you've mentioned.....

I understand this, but Google is much more intrusive.  Do you see providers using Yahoo email servers or MSN servers, NO they have all gone with Google servers.  When my provider elected to use Google email servers I then found out that the vast majority of others had done the same thus Google at the time took a giant step to increase their "foot print" regarding tracking.

But that's not even the point because I guess a supporter of Google would call this "good business".

I can testify to how much more intrusive Google is simply based on REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE.

I've made many REAL LIFE "TESTS" using Yahoo, MSN and Google (via my internet provider email servers). 

What I found is if I send "personal" emails to JUST FRIENDS on a subject matter like for example "moving" or "transporting a car" or "purchasing a product" etc etc. the results are the following:

Yahoo and to some extent MSN results are that I do NOT get totally barraged with emails from companies related to my email sent to friends.  In fact I WILL NOT get ANY SPAM using Yahoo web mail and very few if any using Hotmail.

On the other hand I will on a regular basis get totally barraged with literally 100's of unsolicited emails from companies related to the "personal" topics discussed in emails to friends using the email service involving Google.  These are unsolicited SPAM addressed to my Google provider emails with of course made up names (often "Joe Blow" as you might imagine a fake name used because my email addresses do not include my actual name) that will LAST FOR MONTHS unfortunately.  All these emails claim I solicited them of course.  And of course then I have to take the time to try and either make it clear I NEVER contacted them or as I often have to do go to the trouble of BLOCKING their email addresses in the end.

I can't tell you how many times my wife and I would wonder how in the world we would start getting unsolicited emails telling us we contacted them that were related just exactly to "personal" emails we had sent only days prior to getting the unwanted amounts of SPAM.  This occurred so regularly using our provider emails using Gmail servers that we decided to DO THE "TESTS" I SPOKE OF ABOVE with ALL of our types of email thus comparing Yahoo, Hotmail to Google in the manner I described above.

Fact is, I am reaching my conclusions based on REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE.

Your obviously defending Google and are likely a user of Google which of course is your prerogative.  That said, so considering that it is my experience as I said that I get virtually NONE of the SPAM with Yahoo Web Mail like the kind of RELATED SPAM I will get with the Google server related email. You tell me WHY I get this kind of pattern using Google Email (via providers email servers) versus Yahoo or MSN? 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:05:35 PM by lakrsrool »
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 09:18:27 PM »
Hi Asyn,
As with browsers as with Sauerkraut - there is no disputing over tastes
polonus

Absolutely..!! ;D