Author Topic: Error: Archive is password protected (Solved)  (Read 3734 times)

asenior

Error: Archive is password protected (Solved)
« on: July 13, 2012, 04:58:21 AM »
Hi,

Avast free, version 7.0.1456 - Win 7 64bit - Windows FW

I updated to the above-mentioned Avast! version when it came out and Windows Update last Tuesday.  So I don't know what caused the quick scan I did today to show about 115 items as *some files could not be scanned*.  I can't delete them.  The only thing I can see is that these items are all about: C:\Recycle.Bin...... etc.(unreadable)

Can someone give me any advice in what to do in how to not show these items anymore?  What could it be?  Could it have been WU or the latest update of Avast?

TIA

PS: I did a repair of Avast, did the quick scan again and same errors showing up.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 04:59:39 PM by asenior »

asenior

Re: Error: Archive is password protected (solved for now I think)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 06:30:29 AM »
Okay, I did again a repair and rebooted this time around which I forgot to do previously.  (senior moments   :-[ )    Proceeded with another quick scan and now all seems to be okay!  Problem seems to be solved!   Hope it will stick. 

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Error: Archive is password protected (solved for now I think)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 08:03:14 AM »
Okay, I did again a repair and rebooted this time around which I forgot to do previously.  (senior moments   :-[ )    Proceeded with another quick scan and now all seems to be okay!  Problem seems to be solved!   Hope it will stick.
All good then :) Thanks for letting us know, if you happy that your problem is solved please go to you first post and modify the title by adding solved.

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Error: Archive is password protected
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 11:05:19 AM »
It was probably Avast doing a little "housekeeping."  Nothing to worry about.  Now that your problem is resolved, please go back to your first post and add "[RESOLVED]" in front of the title to close this thread.  Thank you.

ed.scher

Re: Error: Archive is password protected (Solved)
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 07:35:18 PM »
I've been having this problem for quite sometime.  A full scan will leave a list of files that can't be scanned due to password protected.  i can't highlight them, delete or do anything.  Then when i run a boot scan I get similar list but re-boot after that and it goes away. but then re-occurs a few days later.
It doesn't seem to harm anything except I've had my "outlook" contacts hacked and advert emails sent out to everyone but not asking for money, just phishing with "your paypal payment is confirmed"  click here etc...

As the above poster notes, they all start with the recylce path but i can't find the file by searching the path so it's hidden somewhere.

thanks for any help,