Author Topic: AVAST!-Behavour-Shield-Information-Window is a bad joke and a big shame!!!  (Read 8742 times)

Kakadu

Thank you to come to topic ...

Be aware: Lunascape is a web-browser (one of the proposed at microsoft's browserchoice.eu). So a web-browser is fetching content from the web, and as that can be anything, also malware, it does not seem to be best thing to add a web-browser to the trusted programs (as any "payload" inside could do harm).

I.e.: the program itself could be trusted - but as it is dealing with payload that cannot be trusted, it should not be trusted as a whole.

Tell me if this is not the case and any webbrowser could be treated as "trusted program".

Tha'ts only what I can interprete from the side of the description of the OP. Having that in the backhead also makes sense that he asks for "only allow this specific registry-change (and don't always ask again for that specific registry-change), but don't totally trust the program in advance".

Good question here would be: how would auto-decide decide? What's the criteria an auto-decide decision is taken?

Btw: there is no sandbox provided within the BS-decicions!

As I understand the problem of the OP, he would like that this specific registry-change is allowed, but all the other "critical operations" that this program can do, remains under observation by the behaviour-shield (as it has web-content as payload), and that he postulates that such a solution is not given, but should be given.

Arnold72

Pity there isnt a behaviour shield for rude forum members then it would be a more pleasant and helpful atmosphere here on the avast forum. ;D