Author Topic: Adblocker for IE9  (Read 8844 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Adblocker for IE9
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »
<snip quotes>
I would never turn off the ip blocking feature of malwarebytes as it does work and has saved me numerus times ( and i paid for the feature so im going to use it ;) ), if you get a block on a legitimate site ( which i never have ) you can add it to the ignore list and report it to malwarebytes to confirm whether the block was right or wrong

I would rather rely on the network and web shield than MBAM IP malicious site blocking, for me it was a pain in the rear and not a single malicious site did it notify that was actually malicious. So for me they need to reclassify that option as it isn't just a malicious site blocker.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 06:05:38 PM »
<snip quotes>
I would never turn off the ip blocking feature of malwarebytes as it does work and has saved me numerus times ( and i paid for the feature so im going to use it ;) ), if you get a block on a legitimate site ( which i never have ) you can add it to the ignore list and report it to malwarebytes to confirm whether the block was right or wrong

I would rather rely on the network and web shield than MBAM IP malicious site blocking, for me it was a pain in the rear and not a single malicious site did it notify that was actually malicious. So for me they need to reclassify that option as it isn't just a malicious site blocker.
I find that the website blocker would only pick something up once every couple of weeks but iv noticed with outpost FW installed ( just the firewall ) i never hear from  the web blocker at all so i guess outpost must automatically filter out those blocked ip ranges.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 06:18:50 PM »
Well I don't know if that would be the case if Outpost firewall filtered out the IPs or you may to come across web page errors, missing content, etc. which presumably don't.

If it is filtering access to the fanboy list, then it makes a mockery of having it added to adblock plus.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Dch48

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 10:37:39 PM »
I used SimpleAdblock in IE9 but it only blocks 200 ads a day unless you pay for it. I currently am using the tracking list from privacychoice and it works very well and automatically updates itself.