Author Topic: really good result at av comparatives...  (Read 3932 times)

true indian

really good result at av comparatives...
« on: July 16, 2012, 04:33:23 PM »
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart3.php

keep on blocked + UD

we are competeting with top vendors  8)

http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart2.php

wonder why AVC considers a miss over a user dependent decision more good  ???

I mean...for me a UD is over a miss...and in that case we are rising.. ;D

HS2234

Re: really good result at av comparatives...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 04:54:57 PM »
99.4 percent is amazing

true indian

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 05:09:43 PM »
99.4 percent is amazing

Yep! for me user dependent is better than a miss  :)

HS2234

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 05:20:15 PM »
most av's did good bridging the gap of the av's ... now it all depends on usability

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 05:34:01 PM »
I have never really understood the av-comparatives scanning methodology, even less so when two graphics show different results, 97.4% blocked and a further 2% dependant on user settings, making a total of 99.4%

The problem is that it isn't clear, less so clear when true indian posts an image of the Annual chart rather than the latest monthly chart where the results are quite good, but I have never help much faith in any AV testing as I honestly don't believe that they can replicate real world usage.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

true indian

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 06:29:14 PM »
I have never really understood the av-comparatives scanning methodology, even less so when two graphics show different results, 97.4% blocked and a further 2% dependant on user settings, making a total of 99.4%

The problem is that it isn't clear, less so clear when true indian posts an image of the Annual chart rather than the latest monthly chart where the results are quite good, but I have never help much faith in any AV testing as I honestly don't believe that they can replicate real world usage.

Agree with you david....AVC is considering a User dependency over a miss  ::) which is a wrong way of testing....and who knows how they replicate the real world usage...as these days most malware spread via legit sites...  ;)

I even doubt that 2% UD is way too much...as avast! itself is user friendly and doesnt ask much questions and I kind of suprised over the 2 years of version 6 and version 7...all my clients running avast! never got infected.....and i have 1 client who has been running avast! ALONE for 2 years and he is also perfectly clean  :o I cant believe that!!! with so much of malware coming out daily...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:33:48 PM by true indian »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 08:00:25 PM »
If they don't state what that user dependency is it is hard to say if your average user would have it on, so there may be a justification (no matter how slim) for a miss to be the greater possibility.

Which is why I said I don't understand their methodology.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

IBK

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 07:50:49 AM »
Hi, the full report will come out soon. The graph is intended for those which already know the background of the test (e.g. read previous reports) and to see progress over time (after the report is released and understood).

HS2234

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »
Either way most anti viruses come really close xD