Author Topic: Setting Time and Time Zone in Avast AV 7.0 (free vers.)  (Read 1845 times)

Dantone

Setting Time and Time Zone in Avast AV 7.0 (free vers.)
« on: July 25, 2012, 04:19:15 PM »
Q:  Can you/do you need to...set the time and time zone on the program?  Or, does it use your system time, or its own servers or what?  If you can and need to set it how do you do that?  I ask because all the logs and notifications seem to report the wrong time.  Everything is working just fine; I just want to make sure it's set up alright. 

I run Windows 7 Home Premium.

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, or if it has been asked before.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Setting Time and Time Zone in Avast AV 7.0 (free vers.)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 04:29:25 PM »
There is no time zone setting within the program it uses the system time/date.

That however, depends on what it is that you are looking at ?

Logs would generally be related to the time something happens on your system and should relate to system time/date. So which logs ?

Display of Virus definitions updates, Release date: would relate to the time of release (not when you received it) Central European Time and that depending on your time zone could look strange. But we really need more information on what it is exactly that you are referring to ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security