Author Topic: How do I RENEW 10pc’s for 3 years ON A SINGLE LICENSE?  (Read 2632 times)

fuzzy1

How do I RENEW 10pc’s for 3 years ON A SINGLE LICENSE?
« on: July 17, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »
I have several PCs running Pro 7x,  plus the PC where originally installed which has been stuck on version 4.8 since forever – all on a single license.  No problems with that really, but now as my license is expiring I would like to upgrade that PC to Pro 7x, while renewing for all for the next 3 years.

There is a curious discrepancy between the expiration dates calculated for the original PC (running v4.8) and those running v7x . Individually, each PC has been warning of pending expiration for some days now, however while the v4.8 installation indicates an expiration of August 1, 2012 the others have now expired (last day or two).

Individually, each installation of avast has repeatedly offered renewal but the renewal options are limited. 
Please, how do I renew for 10pc’s for 3 years and make sure they are all running the most current version of the application?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How do I RENEW 10pc’s for 3 years ON A SINGLE LICENSE?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 09:15:57 PM »
I would advise contacting sales (at) avast (dot) com as if you are going to retain avast 4.8 support ceases at the end of this year and the 4.8 licensing uses a slightly different system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

fuzzy1

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »
Okay... not a lot of help there...
Anyone else?

sayaka

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
Version 4.x has a bit different subscription system compared to version 5.x or more. I am sorry to confuse you.

When your current subscription is, for example, 3 license package, you are offered to renew 3 license package.  However, it's possible to renew 10 license package.

As DavidR suggested, please send us email. Information that can be given to you here is too limited.

fuzzy1

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 03:11:12 PM »
Having E-mailed Sales, it seems the notion of RENEWAL is something of a misnomer. 
Rather than renewing my license/subscription thereby KEEPING it active for all 10pc's, SALES
effectively counseled that I BUY A NEW license/subscription, forcing me to run around
to each of the 10 (3 of which are currently on the road) installing new license keys
for each.   Avast SALES team provided a link by which to purchase this new license,
cleverly containing the sub-strings COUPON and RENEWAL intended to suggest
some manner of discount in gratitude for my continued patronage, and further that this
link would some how lead to renewal when all it leads to is a new license
-- same as it would for any NEW customer, and at the same price to boot.

Frankly, I am disgusted and a little insulted by the whole thing!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:13:42 PM by fuzzy1 »

nofrills

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 10:30:58 PM »
Having E-mailed Sales, it seems the notion of RENEWAL is something of a misnomer. 
Rather than renewing my license/subscription thereby KEEPING it active for all 10pc's, SALES
effectively counseled that I BUY A NEW license/subscription, forcing me to run around
to each of the 10 (3 of which are currently on the road) installing new license keys
for each.   Avast SALES team provided a link by which to purchase this new license,
cleverly containing the sub-strings COUPON and RENEWAL intended to suggest
some manner of discount in gratitude for my continued patronage, and further that this
link would some how lead to renewal when all it leads to is a new license
-- same as it would for any NEW customer, and at the same price to boot.

Frankly, I am disgusted and a little insulted by the whole thing!

Erm, you could always email your 10 clients the key, you only have to 'double click' it, & Avast self installs it.
I'm sure your clients are technically sufficient to double click.