Author Topic: "advast virus database has been updated" message twice  (Read 23873 times)

tlhavast

"advast virus database has been updated" message twice
« on: July 19, 2012, 12:51:56 AM »
Hello

I have installed the latest version of the avast software and when it boots up, I get the "advast virus database has been updated" message twice.

I do not think that this is normal and I do not know how to correct it.   I have search the web for a solution but I cannot find one.

any help would be appreciated

thanks,

Tim

iroc9555

Re: "advast virus database has been updated" message twice
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 01:07:37 AM »
Tlhavast welcome to Avast! forums

No solutons yet. It is a glitch. Many have reported it.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=101278.0

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=101034.0

bobo1

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 08:52:53 AM »
Ongoing problem fault

stephenavast

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 12:02:09 AM »
Just thought I'd add a +1  here. Have been getting these double announcements since last week when I updated Avast on 3 different PCs. 2 x on XP service pack 3, and my own laptop on Windows 7.

It's annoying, but not life threatening  :D

Faulkwing

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 12:10:06 AM »
I've just joined to report the same problem on Windows 7 64-bit SP1 on my pc. It's just annoying. Sorry, replied to wrong thread.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 12:26:20 AM »
That's OK, at least you reported.

I consider it a very unimportant problem. Maybe not a problem at all. Obviously the avast! folks feel the same.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

wir13

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 12:43:14 AM »
In my same situation.
the problem occurs from about 2-4 days

The first time there is no green pop-up display, then a second later I get the pop-up screen and then the repeat vocal message.

Windows 7 SP1
Avast 7.0.1456

Offline Merel

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 11:34:05 AM »
"Avast! has updated your data base"
" Avast! has updated your data base"

I know, I know,  my dear.

You are sooooo sweet that I forgive you !
I'm so anxious to hear your sexy voice again and again and again.

Maybe just like the Avast developers.   :)

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 11:59:01 AM »
The double sounding glitch has long been known to the developers and will be fixed in the next program release. Currently a new beta version of Avast is  tested where this issue is resolved among others: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=102720.msg822597#msg822597
May the FOSS be with you!

KQAnderson

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 04:10:55 PM »
Nice to know I can find my questions answered here.  Has only done it since my up grade to 'Internet Security'.
It announces twice on each:  Vista Home on Laptop, Dual Boot of WinXPpro and Win7.
Will be looking for more items in this forum.
Thanks

stephenavast

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 05:32:56 PM »
This has been going on for over a month now, do the developers really not care about it, or can't they fix it?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 06:09:01 PM »
This has been going on for over a month now, do the developers really not care about it, or can't they fix it?

Did you even read the latest replies in this topic..?? ???
-> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=102720.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

stephenavast

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 06:55:58 PM »
No, I didn't read the replies on that topic... Just have, and it states that the double announcement has now been fixed.

Well, I can confirm it isn't - it just did it on my laptop 5 minutes ago. Like I said in my original post, it isn't a life threatening issue, but it is getting to be darn annoying  :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 07:00:30 PM »
Well, I can confirm it isn't - it just did it on my laptop 5 minutes ago. Like I said in my original post, it isn't a life threatening issue, but it is getting to be darn annoying  :)

Guess, you don't run the beta, do you..?? ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

stephenavast

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 07:12:53 PM »
Let me clear something up - I'm not a computer expert. I'm a man of simple means, and when I download 'Avast', I use the link that pops up on 'google'. Also, when I get a pop-up from Avast telling me they've got an 'update' they think I should download, I trust them and do what they say.

To me, a 'beta' version of anything is like buying a prototype car, it may look good, but the customer is expected to fix/report all the faults so the 'proper' version can eventually be released to the general public. I consider myself to be firmly a member of the general public, and therefore expect that when Avast ask me to 'update', it's to a version that has been tested & works...

I know there are many folk who find it a hobby to download 'beta' versions, discuss the endless pros & cons on internet forums, suggest fixes to the developers, may even write a bit of code on the side to submit - but I'm not that guy.  :)