Author Topic: "advast virus database has been updated" message twice  (Read 23923 times)

Davy

Re: "advast virus database has been updated" message twice
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 07:17:20 PM »
It's been fixed in the beta version.... now that's a fat lot of good since we are all obviously not running the beta version so what good is coming out with a comment like that!

What should be happening is that Avast should be giving a release date to make everybody happy.... get it, make everybody happy rather than have folks yelling its been fixed, maybe then folks might not get so frustrated.

How long is it going to take..... it makes it sound was we are being fobbed off! I ain't going to be renewing if it isn't fixed, my license runs out in 9 days!

This isn't a glitch far from it, someone at Avast has made a dogs dinner of things! Any explanation why it happened - I don't think so!

What is delaying this beta version?

Dave

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 07:19:34 PM »
Let me clear something up - I'm not a computer expert. I'm a man of simple means, and when I download 'Avast', I use the link that pops up on 'google'. Also, when I get a pop-up from Avast telling me they've got an 'update' they think I should download, I trust them and do what they say.

To me, a 'beta' version of anything is like buying a prototype car, it may look good, but the customer is expected to fix/report all the faults so the 'proper' version can eventually be released to the general public. I consider myself to be firmly a member of the general public, and therefore expect that when Avast ask me to 'update', it's to a version that has been tested & works...

Well, that's no problem. Just wait for the next final version. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 07:31:38 PM »

What is delaying this beta version?

Dave
"Testing", so no date for final release can be given till all testing is complete ( get it  ::) ).

Davy

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 12:20:28 AM »
Craigb:
Lol, so the bad version wasn't tested then,  is that it?

Dave

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 01:00:07 AM »
That's OK, at least you reported.

I consider it a very unimportant problem. Maybe not a problem at all. Obviously the avast! folks feel the same.
I couldn't agree more!! ::) 8)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 01:03:50 AM »
Craigb:

Dave
if you know how to make it 100% bug free the first time....... you should tell them how   ;)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 05:02:44 AM »
Craigb:

Dave
How about giving the incessent ridiculous assumptions and questions a rest, your bordering troll behaviour ::)

Davy

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 12:00:59 PM »
Craigb:
How dare you suggest that I am bordering troll behavior. What you fail to realize is that not all people are running beta versions..... when in reality it hasn't been fixed at all!

I asked a simple question: Which I will ask again OK!  Was the bad version 'beta' tested, a simple yes or no.,,, are we saying all releases are beta tested - yes or no!

Dave

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 12:30:45 PM »
1. ...when in reality it hasn't been fixed at all!
2. I asked a simple question: Which I will ask again OK!  Was the bad version 'beta' tested, a simple yes or no.,,, are we saying all releases are beta tested - yes or no!

1. Well, it has (already) been fixed in the beta. :P Either try it or wait for the next final...!!! ;)
2. Usually, every version gets tested before release.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

karlwb

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 12:32:24 PM »
Glad it's not just me having this problem.

Not so much an annoyance, however I was wondering if I had a problem with my installation of Avast!

I was worried that I was somehow running two versions of Avast simultaneously, and I cant afford to do that with my limited CPU!! But I'm guessing that there is some sort of internal check to make sure that this does not happen.

Karl

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 12:41:39 PM »
Davy! Of course all betas are tested, thats the whole point of betas ::) and the so called bad version tested fine - some bugs appeared later after the release as even with beta testing it can only be checked on a limited amount of systems but once it goes to stable release then there are millions more types of system configurations to account for.

In reality it has been fixed so please stop trying to twist the facts, betas are reality and the issue in question has been fixed and many more i might add so your free to give the beta a try or simply wait for it to be released.
All these threads about the same problem have been discussed so many times it's ridiculous which is why i mentioned trolling as your questions have been answered before "many times".

Davy

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 01:28:09 PM »
Thanks Craigb, that's all I wanted to know..... I am certainly NOT trying to 'twist the facts' as you put it - I am sure I could have twisted the facts far better if that was the case - OK!

And note:  If this 'glitch' as the Avast team calls it hadn't occurred you would not have heard from me lets be clear and that is why I resent your remarks about 'troll bordering', why you couldn't have simply answered this the first time I don't know, that is all that was required!

Dave

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks

Davy

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 04:09:36 PM »
Didn't see it otherwise it 'would' be pointless asking, thanks.

Dave

hydermanpete55

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 12:08:32 AM »
Strange how they can tinker with the pop up and add useless bits to it like they did yesterday with reference to Chrome but they can't issue and fix and instead tell us to wait for the next release but can't tell you when.

Height of incompetence really