Author Topic: Why Avast product hasn't been publish on Australian Computer Magazine's  (Read 7440 times)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
Every computer magazine's I have read in Australia and not one Anti-virus software have never published for people to read and know about is Avast product, all I keep seeing is Norton, McAfee, F-Prot, Etrust, AVG, NOD32 and Trend Micro.

Their is an Avast Australian website and I just don't understand why is not publish on computer magazine's in Australia to let Australian people know about this great Avast product, Vlk is their away you can allow your Avast product in Australia to start expanding your product market better.

I would like to hear your side of the story can you please explain why, I haven't seen any computer magazine's been publish for about 8 years?
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Why Avast product hasn't been publish on Australian Computer Magazine's
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 01:11:04 PM »
I remember there was a conversation about something simulair on this board a while ago. If I recall correctly it was about Avast hardly known in the USA. AS Alwil is a Chech based company it is logical that they first 'conquer' Europe. Too my knowlegde Alwil is looking for ways to get more known in countries outside Europe. And slowly but surely they are getting there.

I have mailed several magazines who did a av util comparison and where not mentioning Avast.
To my question why they didn't, the most heard answers are:
- We have never heard about it.
- We only test the ones well known to the public. (bad excuse if you ask me)
- We can't review them all, it would take up too much space, so we stick with the larger companies.

Anyway the best advertising is mouth to mouth. People only recommended to others if they find it a good product theirselfs. It may take a little longer than it does when it is mentioned in a magazine, but it sure is the best advertising possible. :D

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 01:47:03 PM »
Thanks for your feedback Eddy it give me an idea what is going on ???, I have always recommend avast to my friends and they know the different from any product.

Nearly all my friends was a Norton fan club nightmare and not any more now.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Sojourner

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 12:59:08 AM »
So is the Land of Oz in Australia?
(for those that have not peeked, that is where Speedy PC said he lives.)

neal62

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 01:04:13 AM »
Sojourner, If I am not mistaken the land of Oz is on the Northeastern seaboard (Coastline) in Australia. ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 01:58:00 AM »
Nearly all my friends was a Norton fan club nightmare and not any more now.

Hehe, I'm an old member of it  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 06:38:08 AM »
So is the Land of Oz in Australia?
(for those that have not peeked, that is where Speedy PC said he lives.)

Well at least I don't walk on the Yellow Brick Road in the land of OZ, and Neal62 have you been reading my coastline I think you are starting to become a Wizard.

And Technical I know what you mean by an old member ;D every time I see Norton on the Computer Magazine I just rip out those pages and call it "Norton Product and subject not included"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 06:44:34 AM by SpeedyPC »

neal62

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 06:45:29 AM »
Well, not actually. I have found out that in reality the whole country of Australia is considered to be the land of Oz :)

Offline phil2

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 05:56:18 AM »
Sydney Morning Herald  "Icon" Magazine gave avast! big wraps early last year which is why I found this great product.

When in the Land of Oz...beware of the Bilbys   :o :o
Windows 7 home service pack 1 64-bit
avast! Pro Antivirus     Malwarebytes Pro resident
    Winpatrol Pro

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 06:53:52 AM »
Sydney Morning Herald  "Icon" Magazine gave avast! big wraps early last year which is why I found this great product.

When in the Land of Oz...beware of the Bilbys   :o :o

I have never seen the "Icon" Magazine from the Sydney Morning Herald, I have never seen any computer magazine's been publish in the Newsagent where people buy it.

I know believe anybody all over in OZ has never heard of Avast. :'(

Offline phil2

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 06:57:23 AM »
SpeedyPC

"Icon" is an insert in the Saturday edition of the Syd Morning H.

Windows 7 home service pack 1 64-bit
avast! Pro Antivirus     Malwarebytes Pro resident
    Winpatrol Pro