Author Topic: Remote chest  (Read 10283 times)

cfikes_buna

Re: Remote chest
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »
I don't guess anyone has heard anything new with this issue yet have they? I was hoping to replace sophos with avast for my school, but if this problem cannot be resolved, I don't believe this will work.

avast, please give us a work around.

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM »
I don't guess anyone has heard anything new with this issue yet have they? I was hoping to replace sophos with avast for my school, but if this problem cannot be resolved, I don't believe this will work.

You can use the aswChest application in C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Enterprise Administration.

Just type the name/IP address of the managed machine and the avast! client password and you should be able to change the contents of the virus chest remotely.

cfikes_buna

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 06:24:06 PM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH ! ! ! ! !
That worked.

siny

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 09:10:00 AM »

You can use the aswChest application in C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Enterprise Administration.

Just type the name/IP address of the managed machine and the avast! client password and you should be able to change the contents of the virus chest remotely.

So what is the difference between right click -> Connect to Virus Chest and this? I see that the same program is being invoked, only with "wrong" arguments. And it does not remember previously typed addresses, so I have to type them all over again, which totally defeats the purpose of central management! Is this so hard to fix in Enterprise Console?

Anyway, thanks for a half fix, but I would really like to see this (better) integrated ...

Best regards,
SiniĊĦa Bandin