Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: avast! Mobile Security 2 Beta ** [NOW UPDATED TO 2.0.2709]  (Read 116132 times)

rk249

Re: ** INTRODUCING: avast! Mobile Security 2 Beta **
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2012, 10:22:44 PM »
Cyanogenmod 10 is in early stages of development, but its still a pretty solid build, good enough to be used as a daily driver. This new beat is not doing too well on it. Phone only charged 35% in 3 hours because something was locking the cpu at the full 1.2ghz, turns out it was this beta app. After I disables it, all was fine. I will go back to the old avast which is on the play store till to see if that works properly on Jellybean, otherwise i will hold off till this is compatible with JB.

vpa

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 11:12:40 AM »
Will be there such application for remote control from another Android phone or tablet with similar capabilities? Thanks
Do you mean a different remote control than the web portal? Because another Android phone or tablet connected to internet works the same as a computer as you know.
Yes, different, because in case of theft you need speed. Prepared and set application is quicker and easier than logging into web.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 09:17:13 PM »
Yes, different, because in case of theft you need speed. Prepared and set application is quicker and easier than logging into web.
Good. Like the idea to have a local Windows application that allow remote control.
The best things in life are free.

chikimonke

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2012, 11:56:31 PM »
Being the OCD person that I am, anychance we can get the notification area to match the standard layout of Jellybean?

sst

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2012, 08:14:43 AM »
Being the OCD person that I am, anychance we can get the notification area to match the standard layout of Jellybean?

Your screenshot display orange Avast logo.

1) Did your systray notification Avast logo is in gray?

P.S. Did its a "problem or bug" to have Avast systray notification logo in gray, and have Avast notification not in gray like in the screnshot?

chikimonke

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2012, 09:02:05 AM »

Your screenshot display orange Avast logo.

1) Did your systray notification Avast logo is in gray?

P.S. Did its a "problem or bug" to have Avast systray notification logo in gray, and have Avast notification not in gray like in the screnshot?

Not sure what you are asking, but what I am referring to is that in the notification menu, that you pull down from the top of the screen, the avast entry does not follow the standard of the other apps. You can see that the other three apps all have a large icon to the left that is separate from their text information on the right. I would like to see the avast notification have a larger version of the icon in the separate blue box like the others, with the text on the right. Don't think it's a bug, just something that has been implemented yet. And I imagine you'd only see it this way if you are using a Jellybean based ROM.

MaxReed

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2012, 03:28:51 PM »
Hi all!!!

I would known if the new version of avast! Mobile Security can run the firewall on devices that not support netfilter??
I have a Samsung Galaxy Y DUOS GT-S6102 and avast! can't run the firewall because my android version (2.3.6 S6102XXLG2) doesn't support netfilter, and I don't want to "install" a custom firmware because I don't like the only one existance and not support either netfilter.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2012, 03:45:17 PM »
Hi,

no and this will most probably (99%) never be possible.

Filip

MaxReed

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2012, 03:47:51 PM »
oh... :-\  ok tank you!!! :D

sst

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2012, 03:53:12 PM »
Not sure what you are asking, but what I am referring to is that in the notification menu, that you pull down from the top of the screen, the avast entry does not follow the standard of the other apps. You can see that the other three apps all have a large icon to the left that is separate from their text information on the right. I would like to see the avast notification have a larger version of the icon in the separate blue box like the others, with the text on the right. Don't think it's a bug, just something that has been implemented yet. And I imagine you'd only see it this way if you are using a Jellybean based ROM.

Respond =

On my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.01 Android 3.2, Avast! Mobile Security 2 Beta 1, i have selected gray logo inside Avast parameter. It display like my screenshot inside the systray section, but when i go to the menu like your screenshot, the logo is orange.

P.S. Did Android 4.x and better, have that systray section like inside my sceenshot ?

See my screenshot.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:59:21 PM by sst »

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2012, 10:43:47 PM »
Just updated it on my HTC EVO 3D running ICS 4.0.3. So far so good, I really like to see all new features on board :)

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2012, 06:08:27 AM »
I've found no issues in the web portal.

Web portal is not working here  :-[ avast! Mobile Security 2 and Anti-Theft are installed on phone and working correctly.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 08:00:20 AM »
Hi,

hmm, that's weird. Are you sure you installed Anti-Theft directly from the .apk and not through the AMS installation wizard?

Filip

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 09:04:53 AM »
Hi,

hmm, that's weird. Are you sure you installed Anti-Theft directly from the .apk and not through the AMS installation wizard?

Filip

Yes, Filip. I have completely removed non Beta Anti-Theft and AMS, and installed both files from .apk Both apps fully functional on phone and AMS shows Anti-Theft is OK.

I am using stock HTC Android 4.0.3, no root or other stuff.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:07:22 AM by =YLAP= »

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2012, 09:45:46 AM »
Hmm, weird, just tried it again and it works for me. Could you try to uninstall Anti-Theft and leave just AMS on? That's what I just tried.

Filip