Author Topic: Installation problems  (Read 3606 times)

Heggi

Installation problems
« on: January 06, 2005, 03:22:29 PM »
Hi guys and gals it´s me again  :P

I was goign to install avast4 on our family computer today. but i couldn't use it... when it was installed it i was unable to use it... i just got a few error messages. but i desided to try avg free instead... hope that works too.... i use avast on my own comp and i think it´s a good program... hopefully avg wont let me down.
i changed antivirus program because i was tired of norton internet security+antivirus... is there anybody else that has experienced the same problem as i had... sorry if i didn't make the error message clear enough but i cant remember it anymore  :P'

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Installation problems
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 03:25:37 PM »
Did you completely remove NAV using the uninstall util from the Symantec website before installing Avast?
If not, that could be your problem.

And why not trying to solve the problem? Immediatly walking away is the easy way out, but not the best. You can learn from trying to solve a problem ;)

is there anybody else that has experienced the same problem as i had
How can a question like that be answered if you can't tell us the exact problem?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 03:27:50 PM by Eddy »

techie101

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 05:37:27 PM »
Heggi,

Eddy's words are sound.  If you like Avast on your own computer, let us help you get it working on the family computer in question.......especially on that one!
AVG is ok, but Avast is better.

Without the error message, it is hard to tell why Avast did not install, but I believe along the lines that Eddy mentioned.  NAV is notorius as causing problems with new antivirus software unless it is removed completely.

In general, YES...Many users have had some installation problems with Avast, but they are different, but those with NAV will be much the same.  It is not uncommon.

Please give Avast another try.

:-[
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 05:39:38 PM by Techie101 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 01:23:27 AM »
i changed antivirus program because i was tired of norton internet security+antivirus...
See How important is it to completely remove Norton? topic.
The best things in life are free.